hospitals | stiles stilinski

*set when stiles was younger
and his mom was in hospital*

you sat in the waiting room waiting for your mom who was working late shifts into the late hours of the night, whilst you were there you saw a boy, around your age with tousled brown hair, a spark in his eyes and wearing a star wars t-shirt.

one day you were waiting for a chocolate bar to come out of the vending machine after you'd put your money in.

you heard footsteps approaching behind you and you turned around to see the boy, when he saw you turn around he smiled a large goofy smile.

"hi, i'm stiles!" he greeted you, holding his hand out.

you shook it and introduced yourself, "hi i'm y/n!"

"is it broke?" stiles pointed behind you at the vending machine.

it'd been a few minutes now and you didn't think you were getting your chocolate bar. "um, yeh I think so."

"huh." he grunted. then he gestured for you to step aside and he placed his hands on either side of it and began to shake it. your chocolate bar fell to the bottom of the machine and Stiles picked it up and handed it to you. "these things never work, i'm here a lot... so i know how they work." he said, with a sad look in his eyes.

"oh... how come?" you asked as he turned around and placed his money in the machine and ordered a packet of crisps.

"my mom..." you could tell he was holding back tears thinking about it, his facial expressions were dramatically different from when you'd seen him smiling and laughing before. "my mom's very ill..." he plastered a smile on his face, "but i'm sure she'll be okay."

you placed a hand on his arm, "i hope your mom gets better, stiles."

he reached for his crisps and went back to sit on the other side of the waiting room, picking up his comic book and held it up so that it covered his face. you decided you didn't want to make him more uncomfortable so you sat back in your seat waiting for your mom.

***

the next day you arrived in the hospital to wait for your mom, and you saw stiles sat in his usual seat reading a different comic book.

"hey stiles!" you said as you sat down next to him.

he put his comic book on his lap, "hey y/n!" he looked over at you and smiled his goofy smile.

"what're you reading?" you looked over at the pile of comic books in the seat next to him.

"oh this?" he picked the one he was reading up and showed you the cover, "batman, my favourite."

"really? no way! i love batman!" you replied.

"no way!" his eyes lit up, "have you read the comics?"

"of course i have!" you laughed.

***

for the following weeks you and stiles bonded over comic books and your favourite superheroes, and even star wars. you even got to meet stiles mom for a short while as he introduced you as his new friend, she seemed extremely happy to see you and when stiles left the room for a moment she gripped your hand and gestured for you to come closer, "thank you for making my son happy, i hope you continue to do so... when i'm gone... please don't tell him, i can't bear to see him upset."

your heart nearly jumped out of your chest, gone? what did she mean gone? you couldn't speak so you just nodded and managed a small squeaky "i promise."

***

one day you walked into the hospital and you saw stiles' dad hugging his son. stiles saw you come in and let go of his dad and ran to you, tears forming in his eyes.

"she... she's gone... y/n, i... i can't believe it..." his voice cracked and he was sobbing, tears falling down his face.

"oh stiles, i'm so so sorry." you knew no amount of sorries could help him so you stepped closer to him and wrapped your arms around him, letting his tears soak your t-shirt.

"th-thank you y/n." he whispered, as he wrapped his arms around you and let his sobs be heard as he grieved for his mother.

i know this is really sad but i hope you liked it. please remember to vote and comment :)