is she the one? | stiles stilinski

Start from the beginning

"can we talk after school?" stiles asked.

you sighed, looking over at him, "i'm sorry, i kinda have plans after school."

"with who?" he asked, his smile faltering.

"scott." you replied, it wasn't exactly a lie, you did have plans to study with scott after school.

"oh," stiles nodded, looking down at his textbook, "well... maybe another time?"

luckily the teacher began to talk and you didn't have to reply, for the rest of the class stiles kept glancing over at you wondering if he'd done something wrong.

as soon as the bell rang, you grabbed your bag and hurried out of the classroom without looking back at stiles who tried to catch up with you.

scott was waiting for you outside, you hopped onto the back of his motorcycle and placed one of his helmets on.

stiles watched as you disappeared from his sight, a strange feeling occurring in his chest that he'd never felt before.

as he drove home in his jeep, the feeling didn't disappear.

he headed up to his room and threw his backpack into a corner before laying back on his bed and grabbing his phone.

opening up his texts with scott his fingers hovered over the keyboard.

stiles
hey... are you with y/n?

scott
yeah, why?

stiles
well is she okay? she's been
acting weird lately

scott
idk man maybe it's just u

stiles
what do you mean?

scott
...

stiles
come on, you're my best friend

scott
and y/n is our best friend.

stiles
i know
scott
talk to her yourself??

stiles
i tried!!

scott
so, lydia huh

stiles
stop changing the subject

scott
let me ask you something, okay?

stiles
okay

scott
is she the one?

stiles
...

scott
well, is she everything you've
dreamed she'd be?

stiles
...

stiles
there's just something not right...

scott
what?

stiles
she's not y/n.

scott glanced over at you as you sat besides him, your head buried in a text book as you highlighted key words, a slight smile flickering across his lips.

scott
i think you should tell y/n.

stiles
tell her what?

scott
figure it out :)

stiles
scott!