The boyfriend checklist ~ The Founder

Regardless of how you feel about yourself, you are altogether beautiful.

If others can see how valuable you are -- even if you can't -- what right do these guys have to mistreat you?

Below, I have written the MANDATORY checklist I made for my future boyfriend/husband.

You all can use this one or make your own.

But I recommend, you use this one as a base and then add to it.

1. He HAS to treat you LIKE A GEM

There are no excuses for a boy mistreating you under any circumstances!

Even when fighting, he needs to be respectful and empathetic.

I'm not saying he has to be perfect, but he needs to be someone that doesn't constantly have you questioning your worth.

2. He has to treat others WELL.

If a boy is mean to his mom, his sister, and others around him it is a reflection of how he will treat you.

Someone that is disrespectful and ungrateful to his mom will be disrespectful and ungrateful to you.

There's nothing attractive about mean boys, sorry.

3. He has to be humble.

Prideful guys never think they are wrong!

Why would I want to date you if you think you're perfect?

4. He has to prioritize you.

You aren't a fallback, a second option, nor a last resort.

He needs to make you a priority.

5. He has to be a man.
Not a boy.

The difference between a man and a boy is very simple: A boy looks out for himself first. A man looks out for those he loves first.

Case closed.

6. He has to be respectful.

He isn't going to pressure you into anything.

He isn't going to force you into anything.

He isn't going to mistreat you, especially not physically, in any way.

7. He has to prove himself.

STOP PICKING UP THESE RUDE BOYS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE ATTRACTED TO YOU.

Does it really matter how pretty he says you are if he treats you like you're worthless?

8. He has to love kids.

This is another personal preference of mine. But, honestly, it says a lot about a guy's character if he is friendly (or at least tolerant) to children.

I personally love guys that absolutely adore children as much as I do.

9. He has to be strong.

I'm not talking about muscles here. 💪
I'm talking about character.
He needs to be someone you can depend on and rely on to take care of and fight for you.

Yes, you should both take care of each other in a relationship.
But he needs to be someone who can be strong for you when you can't be strong for yourself.

10. He has to have a goal.

He needs to have a dream, a drive, motivation -- something he wants to do with his life!

Stay away from these boys that are living in their grandparents' garage, playing video games all day instead of using their potential.

They'll probably bore you to death anyway (if you're anything like me and have a dream set for your life).

11. He HAS to have blue eyes
I'm kidding here 😂. This isn't mandatory just a personal preference of mine.

Anyway, I hope this checklist does you all some good.

I hope we can stop wasting time chasing these toxic guys and wait for the right one to find us.

Remember, relationships are give-and-take, but you should not be doing all the giving.

Realize, just because you have been through some bad ones don't mean you won't find THE one.

Because if something is meant to be, it will be.

If not, something better will.

If you think I've missed anything on the checklist, feel free to comment what you'd add below.

I'd love to see you get creative and come up with your own. 😄