13 - Diamond Cuts A Deal (7/23/18 New Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" Now Diamond was concerned, genuinely concerned for what might be at stake. She couldn't help but feel that Eden had screwed them both over with her slap-happy hands.

"You may want to take a seat."

Diamond shook her head no, but when Declan's eyebrow arched, questioning her defiance, she perched on the edge of the bed and waited for him to continue.

A million and one thoughts raced through her mind. From little things as that man pressing charges on Eden to Declan denying payment for their participation. The idea of losing her money infuriated her to no end, and if that was the case, she might as well go pack her shit up and leave now instead of later. She wouldn't sleep with him, even if she wanted to if he took her massive payday away from her.

"You have a tough decision ahead of you."

Diamond wondered if he was toying with her, "Oh I get where you're going with this. Who's gonna be on top?" Her hands moved to the button of his pants, "You don't have to do a damn thing, Honey. Just lay back and let me do all the work." She hoped this would sway him.

Declan grabbed both of her wrists and drew each of her hands to his lips. "Listen. I'm allowing you this choice because you've pleased me immensely tonight. Your willingness to comply with my every demand tonight makes me want to bend you over this bed right now and take you. Trust me when I tell you this, it's taking much restraint not to act on my desires." He kissed her again, drawing out the action. "Are you listening to me?"

"Yeah but I'm not sure I'm following."

"One of you isn't leaving this house." Declan's tone hardened and an icy chill settled over her skin.

"Is this some freaky foreplay shit or did you just tell me one of us is not leaving this house?"

"As I said, this is a tough decision and it's one that shouldn't be taken lightly. I'll allow you the rest of the night to choose-"

"Eden." Diamond's voice was emotionless, calm and indifferent as she stared down at their feet.

"Are you confident with your answer?"

"I choose Eden." She glanced up and stated her answer firmly. "I don't need any time to think it through. She can stay."

Declan cocked an eyebrow, "What, no fight or objections? No begging or bargaining to be made? I'm surprised. I thought I'd see a little more emotion, Eden being your closest friend and all." He laughed.

"I have an eight-year-old son who expects his mama home by noon tomorrow. If I don't' show up, if I'm even a minute late, he's been instructed to call the police immediately and tell them I'm with Declan Payne, license plate number PIP-002." Diamond cracked a tiny smirk, "I'm sure that would lead them right here."

"That was certainly clever of you. Tell me, do you always think so far ahead?" Declan ran his thumb over her cheek.

"I do when it involves me steppin' foot in a strangers house. You can never be too trusting in my line of work."

"That's such a pity." He brushed his lips against hers, pausing to enjoy their little moment, and sighed heavily. "I won't lie though, I was hoping for a different outcome. You'd make a fine addition to my collection of beauties."

"Thanks for the offer but no."

"Are you sure you don't want to change your mind?"

"Damn sure." Diamond hands gripped the waist of his pants again, and with a firm tug, she yanked him forward, "Now shut the hell up and come over here." She kissed him and bit playfully at his bottom lip.