2 - Liars and Questions and Tests, Oh My! (8/2/18 New Chapter)

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"No. My mother named me after a lounge signer she saw on a billboard on the side of a highway. Can you help me?" She mumbled, frowning up at him.

Why was he so calm about this situation? She wondered.

"The rope is cutting into my wrists." She added when he didn't move to help her.

Dr. Morison abruptly cleared his throat. "At the moment, no."

"My name is Eden Burrows." She glared at him. "I've been taken against my will by some fucking psychopath and I need your help. Please untie me."

An intercom buzzed. Another voice filled the room. It was one that made Eden's stomach twist into a knot. "Dr. Morison has completed your internal examination and will send your samples off for testing."

"What?" Eden couldn't remember any such thing happening.

Dr. Morrison glances at her. "I wouldn't worry. Everything seemed normal."

"Why would you-" Tears filled her eyes as she stared up of the doctor in disbelief.

Declan cut her off. "Now that you're coherent enough, he's now going to ask you a series of questions. You need to answer truthfully and without pause. And remember, I will know if you're lying, Eden. If you choose not to willingly comply I'll be forced to sedate you and will try it again when you wake up. Do you understand what is being asked of you?"

Eden glared up at the ceiling, refusing to give Declan what he wanted. "My name is Eden Burrows, and I've been taken against my will. I did not comply with any such physical exam and I will not answer any prying questions. Now let me the FUCK out of here!" She screamed and the fight inside her ignited once again.

She struggled against the straps holding her down and screamed until all there was, was the sound of her echoing voice.

Dr. Morison clicked his pen and began to scribble notes into her chart. He allowed her to continue until she was left gasping for breath.

When she fell silent, the intercom clicked on once more. Declan's voice filtered in and gave the command. "You may proceed with the sedative."

"You can't do this!" Eden sobbed and tried to scoot away from the doctor as he stood. "Isn't there some kind code of ethics doctors follow?"

Dr. Morison only frowned, as though he was considering her question. But in the end, he pulled open the medicine cabinet above the sink and brought down a small glass medicine vial. "I'm only going to offer enough to calm you down. I can't have you struggling when Declan comes in to do his own assessment."

Eden continued to glare at the ceiling in complete disgust. The tears returned with a vengeance. She held strong through her fear at know Declan would come next and repeated her statement. "My name is Eden Burrows. I've been taken against my will, and I do not consent to any of this!"

"I'm truly sorry about everything that will happen to you in this household." Dr. Morrison seemed sincere as he uncapped the needle, plunged it into the rubber stopper, and began to load the barrel. "If I could, I'd release you from this madness but, you see, my hands are tied much like yours are, but my binds are invisible."

"You can help. Just untie me." Eden begged him. "I'll find my own way out. And I promise not to tell anyone."

"I'm sorry, Miss. Burrows, I can't do that."

"Please!" Eden resorted to begging as he swiped an alcohol wipe over the fleshy part of her arm.

"You will remain health under my care. That much I can promise you. I take great care with my patients. How try to relax." He pinched her flesh and there was a sharp sting when he inserted the needle then plunged the lever down.

Breaking Eden - (rough draft)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें