1 - The Stepford Slaves Part 1 (not edited)

Video: Por Una Cabeza by Carlos Gardel

This is a reminder. The following chapter has not be edited in anyway. Blah, blah, blah. You know the drill. Comment what you honestly think and help make Breaking Eden the best book it can be. I have thick skin and I like to talk with my readers. That being said I hope you all enjoy this chapter. It's a bit of a long one.

________________________________________________________________________________

1 - The Stepford Slaves (part one)

Her days had past with little trouble and before she knew it those days had turned into weeks. It was nearing the end of September now and Eden was fully healed, walking normally again without a limp from her sore ankles.

The days following the assault were some of the worst Eden had ever experienced, worse than anything she endured with Keelan as a child. But Declan remained patient with her through out her healing and even went as far as caring for her wounds himself. He apologized on more than one occasion for his brutal method of restraint but explained that he couldn't have risked another set back.

He examined her cunt at bedtime, making sure the slight tear healed properly. His touch was gentle as he applied his oils and ointment to her skin and once, after him having a few brandies, he complemented her on her strength. But he always left her to sleep alone and Eden often wondered if he was off visiting one of the others. She had developed an odd, almost sick fascination with his good side, the gentle side.

At night when she couldn't sleep she'd try to talk herself into thinking that she could possible like it here. But that small part inside her core would quickly extinguish that thought. Thoughts like those are cancer upon your soul; it will infest your body with its sickness and rot you to the core. You must refrain from such comforts and remember that his kindness is a lie, nothing more than a sick façade to trick you. That's what he wants. You know this as fact. Keep fighting him and don't let that cancer spread to your heart, for if you do you will become one of them, one of the mindless sacks of flesh walking within this house.

But she couldn't control her dream. In them he was different, as was she. There were no false truths to hold them back. When she dreamt she willingly went to Declan, throw her arms around his neck and kissed him like she never kissed anyone else. She would lose herself in his essence and take pleasure in his comforting touch.

When morning came she woke to a heavy heart and an aching need for comfort but went about her new daily routine. Everything was boring, dull, and colorless here. She missed going out and talking to people but above all-else she missed preforming. 

Although Eden's behavior had changed drastically overnight, she remained withdrawn from the rest in that she stuck to her self. In her mind she needn't form bond with the others because she was determined to get away from this place.

Since the rape occurred she had been sure to obey every request asked of her, but it killed Eden to listen to Declan's sometimes-asinine demands. And little by little each time she went though with a request it chipped away at her soul a little more. 

About midway through her first week she earned her seat at the table and she made it a point to be one of the first ones down at each meal. On this morning she was the first to get to the table and she quietly took her seat and waited silently for the others to come join her.

Jude and Darius came into the dinning room holding hands as normal and took their seats across from Eden at the table.

"Hello, Eden." Jude was all smiles. "It's such a wonderful day outside! You should join us for a walk after we eat."