116

May POV

It's Saturday afternoon and everyone is over the house for the barbecue.

Anne is in her crib in the living room. She's taking a nap.

Everyone is outside in the backyard having a good time. Harry looks stress free for once, which is nice. I know Finn has been acting up a lot and it bothers him.

Speaking for Finn, where is he?

I excuse myself away from my sisters and walk into the house.

I see my daughter is still sound asleep in the living room.

I walk upstairs and open my son's door. He's laying down on his bed. Baxter is in his arms.

I'm used to him always coming into my room at night. It's weird not having his little head on my chest or by mine when I wake up.

"Hello." I say while sitting next to him.

"Hi." Finn says. Baxter just lays there still. I rub his back. He needs a hair cut soon.

"Whatcha doing upstairs?" I ask curiously.

"I-I-I don't want to b-be downstairs." He tells me.

"Why not? You usually always like seeing your family."

"I-I'm not in the mood." I slip off my shoes and sit criss cross on his bed.

"I don't know what's going on with you," I say. "I don't know if it's because you have a new sibling, or if you feel like your Dad I will forget about you, I don't know. And I want too. So, what's up?"

"Nothing." I sigh.

"Finn, please talk to me." I say. "Is it part of the sibling thing?" He nods. "You know your Dad and I won't forget about you." I say.

"How-How do I know t-that?"

"There is a lot you don't know about your Dad and I. There is a lot you don't know about my childhood or your father and I's relationship. So to briefly tell you, I didn't have a nice childhood. I'm the youngest out of all of my siblings, but my parents didn't care about me. Grandpa and I are on good terms now, but as a kid we didn't talk really. So, I was used to be being forgotten, or being pushed to the side. I would never do that to you.

Your Dad and I always had a complicated relationship. The point where everything seemed good was when you were born. You seemed to end all of the complications and the bad stuff happening. You also brought me the most happiness. Once the nurses put you on my chest my goal was to always make sure you had happiness and love. My goal was to also be the best Mom to you.

Having a sister doesn't mean that all of our attention will go to her. It means that you'll have someone to share memories with. Having a sibling is like having a best friend. I know when you get older you're not going to always talk to me about troubles with school or friends, but you'll have her. Or possibly other siblings down the road.

Also, you're her big brother. That's a huge role in all honesty. She's going to look up to you and want to hangout with you a lot, she's going to want to know you when she's older and can talk and stuff. There are many good things to having a sibling, Finn."

His blue eyes look into mine. They look sad. "What if you l-like her more than m-me?" He asks timidly.

"I can only have one Finn." I hold is hand. His eyes fall down. "What else is there? You said it was part being a brother now. What's the other part?" I ask.

"I miss Grandma." He admits making my heart pinch. His eyes turn glossy. "I didn't g-get to say goodbye to her."

"I know." I stroke his curls. "But, she's not in pain anymore. She didn't want you to see her like that." I say. "It's normal to miss her."

"She said o-on my birthday her a-and I could make this very big c-cake. Li-Like the ones on TV." I assume Cake Wars is the show he's talking about. "We even made d-designs and stuff." My heart aches. "I was l-looking forward to it."

"We can do it." I come up with.

"But I wanted to do it with Grandma." His bottom lip quivers. I pull him into my chest and let him cry. I feel his tears on my neck making me become sad.

My fingers run down his hair. "I love you." I kiss his cheek.

"You do?" My heart burns. "I-I thought I m-made you not lo-love me anymore." Finn sniffles against me.

"Never." I say. "You're my little boy."

"I made Daddy hate me."

"No, don't say that." I say. "He loves you very much."

"I said I hated h-him." Finn admits to me. Harry didn't tell me that. He must've been heart broken.

"Did you say sorry and that you didn't mean it?" His head shakes 'no'. "After everyone leaves why don't you say that to him, okay?" He nods. I kiss his cheek.

"I'm sorry Mommy."

"It's okay." I say. "I love you."

"I love you too." He kisses me making me smile gently. His arms wrap around me and he presses his head against my chest.

In three months he'll be 4. But times like this remind me that he's still a baby in my eyes, even though he's growing up.

Harry POV

Everyone left a while ago.

May is cleaning up as I fold the laundry upstairs.

As I'm finishing off a towel, I feel a hand tug at the hem of my shirt. I look down and see Finn. His blue eyes are soft.

"I'm sorry." He says. I stop folding and look at him. "F-For being mean to you."

"Okay." I say.

"I-I'm so-sorry I said I h-hated you. I d-don't."

"You sure?" He nods. "Okay. Thank you for saying sorry." Finn frowns. I let out a small sigh and kneel down in front of him.

"You know I hate yelling at you, right?" I ask. He nods. "I didn't like punishing you and taking away all of your stuff." A frown goes on his lips.

"I-I'm sorry." His arms wrap around me. His head rests on my shoulder. I hug back and close my eyes. "Do y-you hate me?"

"I could never hate you." I say.

"I love you Daddy."

"I love you too Finn." I kiss his cheek. I look to the doorway of my room and see May. She smiles gently.

A://N

Hello

It's 6:30 in the morning here, so most likely another update will be posted tonight

Comment goal: 50????

~lauren