Ninety Four

May POV

It's been a month since Harry found out about his Mom having cancer.

This month has been very emotional for him. Anne's been feeling very tired and in pain for the past few weeks, which isn't good.

Every week she has a doctors appointment and every week they tell her worse news.

Harry's been so stressed and drained from this that I forced him to take a leave from work so he can be with his Mom or just not worry about anything else but her.

It's April now. It's raining outside making the mood even more depressing.

It's currently Sunday, so I don't have work thankfully. Harry's been in bed all day.

Finn has been noticing his distantness. I feel bad that he doesn't know what's happening, but then again he's too young to understand.

I press myself against Harry's back and kiss his cheek. I know he's awake. "Do you need anything?" I ask him.

"No." He murmurs.

"Do you want to be alone?" I ask.

"Yes." I nod against him. My body detaches from his. My heart aches.

"Finn's worried about you." I mention.

"He doesn't need too." He says. His voice low.

"He's only three." I say.

"I'm aware of his age." Harry remarks.

"Why are you pushing me away?" I ask.

"I'm just tired."

"You've been acting cold lately." I say.

"Okay." Harry says. His voice is dismissive.

I leave our room and head to Finn's. He's on his floor playing with toys.

"Hi Mommy." Finn greets me with a smile.

"Hi honey." I sit across from him.

"Is Daddy b-better?" He asks me. His blue eyes look up at me.

"No." I say.

"Does he still have th-the card I g-gave him?" I nod with a smile. "Why isn't i-it helping? Th-the card I have Grandma he-helped her." I stroke my son's cheek.

"He's just in a funk." I come up with.

"Daddy and I u-usually play wi-with action figures every weekend. We haven't in a l-long time." His eyes look down to the toy in his hand.

"Why don't you go ask him to play? Maybe he'll say yes." I'm hoping if Finn asks Harry won't be a dick and actually get out of bed.

"Do you t-think he'll say yes?"

"Maybe." I say. Finn stands up and leaves his room.

I follow behind him.

Harry's on his laptop. He's seated up and is typing quickly. I move behind the wall and just listen in.

"Dad c-can you play toys with m-me?" My son asks.

"I'm busy." Harry says. My heart aches.

"A-after?"

"I'll see." My husband replies.

"Can I watch TV in here?"

"No. I need to focus." I close my eyes. "Go bother your Mom and leave me alone."

I see Finn walk out. A frown on his lips and tears are brimming his blue eyes.

I kneel down and let him nuzzle his head into my chest. I feel my sons tears roll onto my skin making my heart drop.

I kiss his cheek and run my hand over his hair. "He s-said I was bothering him."

"Don't listen to him." I say to Finn who's sniffling. "Why don't we go see Grandma today? I know she'll like to see you." I say. He nods against me. "Go put on your coat." His head moves off of my shoulder and he walks back to his room.

I stand up and walk into mine. I close the door behind me. Harry's eyes are still on the laptop.

I walk over to where he is. I take the laptop out of his hands and close the lid. His green eyes widen. "Don't take your anger out on Finn." I say.

"I-"

"Harry, I know you don't mean to do it purposely but think. He's only three years old. He doesn't know why you're upset, and he's very sensitive. If you tell him his shirt looks weird he'll cry because he's still a baby. If you want to be mean to me and whatever fine. I can take it because I know why you're doing it. He doesn't." I drop the laptop back on the bed. "I'm taking Finn to visit your Mom."

He doesn't reply, he just looks at me with the same gloomy eyes he has been.

I exit my bedroom and meet Finn by his room. He has his jacket on but needs help with the zipper.

I feel Harry's hand rest on my lower back. I look at him and move to the side. Harry kneels down in front of Finn and zippers his coat.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you." He tells his son. "It won't happen again, okay?"

Finn remains quiet. Harry kisses his cheek and hugs him. "I love you Finn. I'm sorry." Our son soon hugs back making my heart swell. "I'll make it up to you, okay?" He nods against his Dad.

A few minutes later Finn and I are ready to go. Harry looks at me but I look away. "Ready to go?" I ask my son.

He nods and takes my hand.

A://N

Hello

Comment ??????

Vote ???

~lauren