Four

{edited}

May POV

My body wakes me up at 8. I huff tiredly and roll out of bed.

I open the door and smell pancakes making my stomach grumble. I slowly walk to the kitchen and see Harry cooking.

I don't remember him making pancakes since months ago. His eyes look to me and he smiles gently. "I uh figured before your internship you can have breakfast." I bite my lip and cross my arms over my body. "I grabbed your clothes out of your car as well, I didn't see you come in yesterday with bags so I got them while you were sleeping."

I don't say anything. I just nod. "You can eat first or take a shower, towels are already in there."

I remain silent. I walk to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I feel like if I speak I'll break down crying.

***

When I leave the bedroom, dressed, and with all my stuff I see Harry leaning against the kitchen wall scrolling through his phone. He locks it when he notices my presence. "Your uh breakfast is on the counter." I nod and walk over to the counter. He follows behind me like a little lost puppy.

I sit down and glance to the clock. It's 8:45, I have time.

Harry sits beside me and I glance to him. "I'm sorry." He repeats. "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

I release a deep breath. "I want to eat my breakfast and enjoy my morning without talking about last night, okay?" He nods hesitantly.

"I love you, I'm sorry." He squeezes my hand tightly and slips out of the chair beside me. My eyes follow him as he walks away and heads to the bathroom.

***

"Good morning May." One of my bosses greats with a familiar smile.

"Morning, Mr. Wilson." I smile gently. "Is there anything I have to do this morning?" I ask.

"Yes, actually we're having a meeting with all the interns if you'd want to wait in the conference room." I nod and walk over to the room.

I step in and see people's eyes burn on me. The interns here call me a "kiss up" because I offer to help a lot. They don't like me much I assume.

"Everyone take a seat." Our head boss, Frank says. He's mid thirty and has a little beard. I sit down. "As you're all aware of, your internship is coming to an end. And we are only keep one of you." I bite my lip. Everyone knows it will be Carly that stays.

"And we want to test all of you to your best abilities. We have our six publishers and or editors here right now. You will be pared with one and they will give you an assignment. Nicole you're with Hank, Carly you're with Carmen. May you're with Matt..." I look to Matt who's talking with Carmen.

After he tells the other people their "mentors" I head to mine. "Follow me." Matt says under his breath.

He was probably last pick and was stuck with me.

I sit in one of his chairs in his office and bite my lower lip. "Now," Matt sits down in front of me in his chair. His hands rest on his office desk. Matt has brownish-blondish hair and light brown eyes that look hazel. He's early thirties I assume. "What are your plans after this internship?"