Fifty One

May POV {3 months later}

"May." I hear Harry whisper in my ear. His lips kiss my cheek. "Wake up." He kisses my neck.

I groan and stretch out my limbs. My tired eyes look to him. A smile is on his mouth. "Good morning." He says to me.

"I'm tired." I yawn.

"It's ten in the morning babe." I chuckle. My fingers rub my eyelids. "I wanna do something."

"What is it?" I ask with a yawn. His eyes look at me and he smiles. But it's that type of smile that makes me question him.

"We haven't had sex in our bathroom yet." I laugh.

"Yes we have." I argue.

"We didn't make it to the bathroom." His lips kiss my neck and down to my collarbone.

"I thought we did." I say.

"Nope. I'd remember if we did." His green eyes look up at me.

"Is your goal for us to have sex everywhere in this house?" I ask Harry who smirks.

"Yep." He kisses me. "We're making memories." I laugh and he grins.

***

"I'm making food, do you want anything?" I ask Harry as he enters the kitchen. His hair is damp and I bite my lip and smile to myself.

"Whatever you're having is fine." I nod. He opens the fridge door and grabs a water bottle. He leans against the counter and watches me.

"Don't stare at me Harold."

"Why?" He chuckles. My eyes narrow at him.

"Reasons." I chop up some carrots for a salad I'm making.

"What are these reasons?" His body moves closer to making me shake my head.

"I have reasons for my reasons. Can you grab me the peppers in the fridge."

He does. "What color?"

"Green and red ones please." I hear the fridge close and the peppers appear on the cutting board. Harry's arms are around my waist and his lips kiss the back of my neck. "I'm trying to make food Harold."

"Wanna take a break from cooking?" I laugh.

"A break?" I question.

"Yes, a break." His lips suck at my neck. "A twenty minute one." I laugh.

"We're we doing it this time?"

***

It's nine at night currently.

I apply lotion to my legs before bed and use the rest on my hands. "I have a doctors appointment tomorrow." I mention.

"For what?" Harry asks.

"My annual." I sigh. He leans over and kisses me.

"Let me know how it goes. I assume you'll be late to tomorrows meeting, yes?"

"Yes Mr. Styles I will be late to tomorrows meeting." I mock. Harry scoffs.

"I'm just asking." My boyfriend hums. "Did you finish the manuscript Nathan gave you?"

"Ask me tomorrow." I say.

"Is that a no?"

"It's my way of saying stop asking me about work." I kiss his cheek. "Remember we had a chat about that?"

"Ha ha." He hovers over me. "I'll try and refrain from the questions."

"Thanks." I grin softly. "How much do you get paid for working there?" I ask. He bites his lip.

"An amount that I'm not saying."

"How much more than me?" I ask.

"You know how much Derek Mason makes?" I think for a moment and soon nod. He's the head boss of everything really. "Three times more." My eyes widen.

"That plus the other office you work out?" Harry nods.

Harry gets paid 19 thousand total a day between both offices.

He works 5 days a week.

I do some mental math and say, "How the fuck do you get paid 1 million and something a year?"

"You did the math in your head?" Harry questions.

"What the fuck do you do to get paid that much a goddamn day? Is that even possible?" I ramble.

"I'm a very important guy." A smug smile goes on his lips.

I get paid 17 dollars an hour.

5 days a week.

"Being paid 44 thousand and something a year is average so you're doing fine."

"How do you know how much I get paid a year?" I ask.

"Well, a new editor at the office gets paid 17 dollars an hour so I assume that's how much you get paid. Plus I have access to these types of files."

"You looked through my file?"

"I was looking through all of them to get an estimate on how much the office is distributing to everyone and I had to look through your file."

My eyes narrow at him. "I feel like you know stuff that I don't."

"Of course I do." Harry kisses my cheek. "We have to get to bed to wake up at 8."

"What don't I know?" I ask.

"I can't say."

"Harry, tell me."

"Lets just say when I ask you if you've finished a manuscript or ask if you're coming to a meeting is all for a reason that will benefit you." My eyebrows furrow. He kisses my cheek. "I'm going to brush my teeth."

He gets out of bed and I remain sitting to think.

They're firing people.

And Harry's doing it since he was hired for a reason.

Great.

A://N

hello

ty for reading :)

comment goal: 40?

I hope you guys are excited to see what's going to happen in the book :p

~lauren