Seventy Two

May POV

Harry went to the store to pick up something his Mom needs.

He called the supermarket first. They're only opened for another hour.

So, it's me, Baxter, and Finn.

I'm living with all boys.

I head to the dining room with the new puppy in my arms. He's pretty calm.

I kiss the top of his small head and rub behind his ears. I see a fairly large box on the table. It's in a brown shipping box.

My eyebrows furrow.

I put the puppy on the ground and he runs around the house. An amused smile goes on my lips.

I check the shipping label and it's to me. I grab a knife from the kitchen and cut it down the tape in the middle.

Inside the brown box is a book. My eyebrows furrow.

I take the box out of the big box and see it's one of those scrap books for babies. I'm so confused.

I open the book and see a note inside.

Dear May,

I wanted to send you this scrap book I made of you when you were born to whenever I was allowed to see you last. I figured once you had kids of your own, or you were married, you would want to share these things with them. Or maybe you just wanna see what you were like as a little kid if your Mom never told you; which is likely.

There are a few DVD's as well in the book which you can watch if you please.

Enjoy x

~Uncle Nick
(or your biological father)

What the-

I turn the next page and see photos of myself when I was a baby.

I've never seen what I looked like when I was little so this is new to me.

My eyes are still bright blue, and I'm actually smiling. I read the top of the page where I see 5 months. I look to the person holding me and it's my Uncle Nick. A smile is on his lips as well.

I look at him then to baby version of me. We both have similar smiles and have the same shade of blue that only we have in our family.

The photo flips up and behind the photo is a little folder which holds other baby pictures of myself. I bite my lip.

I look to the next side and see I'm a little older. I'm wearing a shirt that says 1 on it.

My arms are opened wide, indicating I want a hug from someone. My head tilts.

I open to the back of the book and see the DVD's. I stand up and take them with me to the living room.

Once I put the first one in the DVD player I sit down on my couch, turn on the TV, and hit play.

Anxiety fills my chest.

The camera shakes a little and you soon see newborn, baby me. My eyes are closed and my lips are opened a little. That reminds me of Finn. He always sleeps like that.

"Today is May 15th, also the day my daughter is born." The voice is familiar. "Niece I mean."

His thumb stroke my cheek. "Aren't you a cute little girl. You look nothing like your Mom. I'm not complaining, she's quite angry this morning." My head is pounding and my teeth graze over my bottom lip.