Forty Five

May POV {3 months later}

My body wakes up at it's normal time. I open my eyelids and stretch out my legs a little bit.

I look over to my left side and always expect to see Harry sleeping beside me as I'm used too. My eyes look back to my pillow and I rest my head back down.

***

Work was work.

Today my mind was else where so I didn't get as much done as I should've.

Whenever I tried reading something I'd zone out and just stare at the book and think about something else. This process happened all day mostly.

I can't believe it's April now. I feel like time has gone so slow lately.

I put my keys on the counter of my kitchen and open my fridge to hopefully find something to eat.

All I've concluded from staring in my fridge is that I need to go food shopping.

I shut the fridge door and take out my phone.

***

"Here ya go." My boyfriend says to me while hanging me the bag of food. A smile is on his lips.

"Thank you." I lean up and kiss him.

"Of course." He says. "How was work?"

"Eh. You?"

"Eh." He sits beside me on my couch. My eyes look into his briefly. "You okay? You seem a little off."

"Just tired. And hungry of course." I eat a fry. "Are you spending the night tonight?" I ask him.

"Would you like me too?" I nod. "Then I shall." He leans down and kisses me. "I love you May."

"I love you too Harry." I say back to him. I kiss his cheek.

~

My head is pressed against his back and my hands hold is. "May?" I hear him ask.

"Yes?"

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asks me. His thumb brushes over my knuckles.

"Just that I miss you." I murmur.

In the beginning of January we sat down and talked.

We were both on the same page about where we wanted our relationship to go and how we felt. We both decided that for now, we'll live separate and continue to go out. I think that was good for us to decide considering we just resumed our relationship after a few months.

Now, we sometimes spend the night over each other's apartments. It's usually only twice a week where I get to sleep beside him. I hate sleeping alone so I hate this arrangement.

"Why do you miss me? I'm right next to you." Harry asks with a light chuckle.

"I just miss you." I murmur. Soon he understands what I mean and leans back and kisses my cheek.

Our position changes into him now cuddling into my back and our feet are tangled with one another's. His arm is draped over me and his fingers play with mine. I feel his lips kiss my neck and temple.

Nights like this make me hate sleeping alone.

I'm curious to ask about the house. But I don't ask because it would make me feel worse that we aren't living together in the house we both wanted.

"Goodnight Harry."

"Goodnight May." He yawns causing me to smile gently.

I'm trying to be better.

Better with what?

Everything really.

The way I am with him. The way I treat him and myself. The way I always become defensive when something doesn't go my way. Basically everything I should've fixed years ago in high school.

A://N

Hello

I'm in school rn and publishing this during my lunch period , go me

Comment goal: 50????? I'll update again if I get this comment goal when I get home,

~lauren