Seventy Three

May POV

I'm 99.9 percent sure I'm going to regret what I'm doing today.

My fist knocks on the door gently. I soon take a step back.

I hear footsteps walk to the door. I soon see my Uncle behind it. His head tilts and a crooked smile goes on his lips. "O-Oh, hello May."

"Hi." I murmur. "You busy?"

"No. I'm just baby sitting my grandson." I see the little boy walk over to us. He looks two. He waves to me and I wave back.

"I can come back if you'd like." I suggest.

"No, come on in." He opens the door for me to fit. I step inside the warm house.

"Is he uh Henry's son?" I ask. Henry is Nick's oldest son.

"He is." He smiles gently. "Let me put little H down and we'll talk." I nod.

I assume the little boy's name is Henry. He's very cute.

As he walks away holding little H, I look around the house. I don't remember ever being in this here. I assumed the address was on the package was his. My lucky guess was correct.

I remember my Mom would tell me that they (Ellie, Sadie, my Dad, and her) were going over Uncle Nicks house for dinner. I would ask can I go? She'd say you're not welcomed.

Now I know why.

I'm pretty sure my "Aunt" didn't want me over once she found out.

"I assume you got the book?" His voice comments behind me.

"Yeah." I turn around to face him.

"Let's talk in the kitchen. I can make coffee or tea." His voice sounds sad almost.

"Sure." I walk behind him. "Am I allowed to be here?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

"I kinda have a feeling your wife doesn't like me." I say while looking at him. Last night I watched all the videos of my young self. There was one when I was sitting at the island with him.

"I don't want to lie to you," Nick says. "When you were younger she doesn't." I stiffen. "It's mostly because you remind her of me and et cetera."

"Did you want to talk later? At a public place? I don't want to intrude on you or-"

"No, you're fine. She's away for work anyways. Plus, it's something we have to do. Please sit." I hesitantly do. "Coffee or tea?"

"Uh," I pause. "Water. I maxed out on my caffeine for the day." I explain shortly.

"You track your caffeine?"

"I read up online that if you're breastfeeding it isn't good to have too much caffeine."

"I didn't know you had another baby." He sits across from me. He gives me a cold water bottle and smiles gently.

"Y-yeah, uh he's only a few weeks old." I speak.

"It's a boy?" I nod.

"His name is Finn." I say.

"Cute name." Nick says.

"Thanks." I say.

Silences falls between us.

"I assume you have questions about everything, yes?"

"Y-yeah. My uh Dad only gave me bits of certain things." I reply. My voice lowers at the word Dad. He wasn't really a father to me.