Seventy Four

May POV

"Are your eyes closed?" Harry asks me. After a few weeks he's finally showing me what the nursery looks like.

"Yes." I say with a chuckle. His hand is on my lower back and he gently pushes me into the room.

"Okay, open your eyes." I do.

My heart swells up and I awe. The room is a light grey. His white crib is placed against the wall and there is a white sofa near the window. I smile at the giraffe. "I like giraffe's." Harry tells me. I laugh.

"You're as tall as one, so that's not surprising." I say. Harry nudges me. "Babe I love it. It's so nice." I say while looking at Harry. I hug him. "If Finn could talk I bet he'd say he likes it too." Harry snickers.

I like how everything in the nursery matches. It's pleasing to look at honestly.

We hear Finn start to cry in the other room. "I'll get him." Harry tells me while slipping his hand off of my lower back.

"Okay." I say.

I look around as he's getting our son that's crying.

I look at his closet and see his shirts are hanging up. I smile at how the size is so small and cute.

"He's hungry." Harry tells me.

"Hm, do we have any bottles left?" I ask Harry while taking Finn out of his arms.

"Nope." I sigh. Today my boobs are very sore. Harry chuckles at my sigh. "Have fun." I roll my eyes at him playfully.

***

I'm currently changing for bed. It's 9 at night and Harry is lying down watching TV.

I put on one of his white shirts and sit on our mattress beside him. His hand rests on top of mine and my head lays on his shoulder.

"You haven't talked about what happened when you saw your Dad." Harry tells me. "Or Uncle." I snicker gently. It's been a week since that's happened. I try not to think about it but I always do.

I explain to him what he told me. I explain to him what I said and why I said it. Harry's eyes are on me the whole time I'm speaking.

Once I'm done, he remains silent. "What are you going to do?" I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know." I say. "What's your opinion?"

"Do you want my honest opinion or what you want to hear?"

"Honest opinion."

"Obviously he's a selfish prick for choosing his wife over his child, that's not a question. But how would it be bad if he was in your life now?"

"It would be weird." I say.

"It sounded like he was trying."

"Why didn't he try when I was a teenager? Or when I was a kid that was older? Why would my father care if I got to know him? He didn't talk to me."

"Maybe he thought that it was better if he wasn't in your life." Harry tells me. "You have to remember he is your Dad and you get traits from him if you like it or not. So, just imagine that if you're questioning something, what would you think or feel like? Then apply that to him. It's possible he feels what you're thinking. Or he couldn't."

I let out a shrug. "What would you do if you were in my shoes?" I ask.

"I would get to know him. If not for me, for Finn." I bite my lip. "Nick hasn't physically hurt you like your Mom. So, giving him a chance means letting him actually caring for you since he couldn't when you were growing up. Whatever you decide I will support."