Ninety Seven

May POV

I'm making lunch currently.

Finn is with me helping. I think it's always cool when he wants to cook with me, even though I'm no Anne when it comes down to making food.

"Mommy?" My son asks.

"Yes?" I look down at him.

"I love you." I smile widely.

"I love you more buddy."

"No, I love you more." I chuckle. He hugs my hip making my heart swell. I ruffle his curls and stroke his hair.

Harry walks into the kitchen. His eyes look tired and droopy. I feel my insides twist. "Hello." I greet my husband.

"Hi." He mutters.

"Hungry?"

"No." Harry replies softly.

"You didn't have breakfast." I mention.

"It's good to h-have 3 me-meals a day." Finn mentions beside me making me smile.

"What the boy said." I say to Harry.

"I'll make myself toast." Harry huffs.

"I got it. Sit down." I say. He doesn't argue.

I grab the bread resting on the counter and put it in the toaster.

The side of Finn's head nuzzles against my me making me laugh. His height is to my low butt. "Why do you have pi-pillows?"

"What?" I ask my son.

"Pillows there." He pokes my butt. "And there." He points to my boobs.

"They're not pillows Bud." I laugh.

"Yes they are." Finn says. His head rests back against my "pillow" making me shake my head. "Why do you h-have t-them?"

"I guess I'm special." I say with a small smile. "Go sit down next to Daddy. Your lunch is done."

"Okay." He detaches from me. Harry lifts him up so he can sit in the chair.

I slide Finn his food then take the bread out of the toaster.

"What did you want on your toast?" I ask Harry who looks to be dazing off.

"Huh?"

"What did you want on your toast?" I repeat.

"Doesn't matter." He murmurs.

I decide on peanut butter because it will be filling.

I slide him his food. He smiles a small thank you.

My stomach twists and I bite my lip. Fuck.

The wave of sickness soon fades away.

Harry and I haven't had sex in a long time. A long time meaning 4 months ago.

I haven't had my period for 4 months?

"Can I see Grandpa today?" My son asks me.

"Which one?"

"Grandpa N-Nick?"

"I'll call him." My son nods with a grin. "Make sure you chew your food, you don't want to choke."

"Okay." He puts his grape in his mouth and chews slowly.

My eyes look to Harry who's taken two bites out of his toast. My eyebrows furrow.

"Mommy can I eat in the," He pauses. "Room w-with the T-TV?" I nod. I help him down the stool and hand him his plate.

"Don't stain the couch."

"I'll t-try." Finn smiles softly. He walks away.

I stand by the sink and look at Harry.

"Harry?"

"Huh?" He looks at me.

"How long have you been using your old medicine?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" His eyebrows furrow.

"How long have you been using your old medicine?" I repeat. His green eyes meet mine. He remains silent. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't know it mattered." My head tilts at him. "I haven't taken them in two days."

"Why are you taking them knowing how they made you act last time?" I ask.

"Because I wanted something to distract my mind for a bit." Harry admits. "I want to go back to work and not mope around the house so I was trying to do something to fix it."

"So you revert to drugs?" I ask. "Is this what I have to worry about now? You going on drugs?"

"It's prescription drug that my doctor signed to me." Harry corrects. His voice raising.

"You couldn't use the other one the therapist recommended?"

"I didn't want too."

"Because you like the feeling of this one, right?" I ask. "You much rather treat me and your son like shit to feel good?" His eyes roll. "Really? Rolling your eyes at me."

"You don't know half of the shit I'm thinking May, leave it."

"I'm your wife!" I exclaim. "Leave it?" My eyebrows furrow.

"Yes, leave it. I don't want to talk about it."

"That isn't how this work. You have to tell me what you're thinking Harry."

"I stopped the medicine didn't I? Stop fucking acting like I'm some drug addict."

"How long were you on it for?" I ask.

"2 months maybe." I huff.

"Great." I mutter. His eyes roll again. "I bet you're still on it and you just said you stopped to make me feel better."

"Hm, you have a brain." My jaw tightens.

"Stop taking them."

"Why May?"

"Because you're being a fucking asshole."

"So first you treat me like an alcoholic now a drug addict. What else?"

"The only reason why I don't like you drunk is for the fact that my Mother used to beat the shit of me when she was. Happy?"

"And you thought I would. Great to know."

"Did I say that?" I say with wide eyes. "No, so get your ass out of your ears."

"I'll let you know how that goes." He remarks.

Just two days ago he was waking me up because he thought I was dead. Now he's back to his usual dickhead self.

I didn't realize we were yelling until Finn walks in with droopy eyes.

Oh god.

"Go back to the living room Finn." Harry says. His voice deep.

His eyes look to me and they're sad.

A faint memory of myself walking into the kitchen at 4 years old pops into my mind. My parents are yelling and my Mother tells me to go upstairs. Her voice was deep and mean. This was the day my dad found out I wasn't his.

"Finn, I said go." Harry repeats. I snap out of my brief thoughts.

"C'mon Finn lets visit grandpa." I say while walking over to my son. Harry stands and follows me. "Go grab your shoes and I'll meet you by the door." My son nods.

I turn back and around and face my husband.

"I'm not your toy. I'm not a push over. Get your shit together or you'll actually have nothing." I snap. "I'll be back whenever I want too." I walk away and meet my son by the door.

A://N

Hello

Comment goal: 50????? That'd be cool if we got it.

Tysm for getting this book to 200k reads !!!

~lauren