102

May POV

I got home around 6.

It's 7 now and Finn and I are in my bed. Harry wanted to stay with Anne. I understood and came home. Sadie watched Finn which I was thankful for.

I still haven't told Harry about my pregnancy. I feel now isn't the time. I just don't want him to feel like I'm keeping it from him purposely.

"Mommy?" Finn asks.

"Yes?" I ask my son. I stroke his curls.

"Is Grandma s-sick again?" I bite my lip.

"Again?"

"When I m-made her t-the purple card, y-you said she was s-sick." I stroke his cheek.

"Yeah, she's not feeling well."

"C-Can I see her soon?" His blue eyes look into mine.

"I'll talk to her." He nods and rests his head on my chest. "I love you."

"I love you too Mommy." He kisses my cheek making me smile. "When w-will Daddy be home?"

"Tomorrow." I say. "Get some sleep." My son nods. Baxter is sleeping on top of my pillow close to my head. That makes me smile.

I wonder how Harry's doing. I don't want him to be alone but Finn gets worried easily and I didn't  him to spend all day and night with Sadie without knowing where I am and why I'm not with him.

His small arm is thrown over my stomach and his head rests very close to mine. I kiss his puffy cheek and rest my cheek against the top of his head.

***

Harry got home at 11 the following day.

He looks drained and beat. His eyes look sad but he manages a smile for our son which I'm thankful for.

He says he came back for a shower, spend some time with Finn, then he's going to back to the hospital.

Finn is upstairs currently making his Grandma a card which always makes my heart swell.

"How are you?" I ask him.

"Tired." I nod and bite my lip. "You?"

"Sad because you're sad." His head tilts. He kisses my cheek and hugs me. "I love you Harry."

"I love you too."

Harry POV

May said she'll stop by at 3. It's 2:30 now.

My Mom holds the card Finn made her. A smile is still on her lips.

Her eyes look weak and tired. My Dad and Gem went home to take a shower. They'll be back soon.

I know she's in a lot of pain. Occasionally she'll groan and wince.

"Can I get you anything?" I ask her.

"No I'm good." She let's out a small sigh. Her brown eyes look at me. I smile weakly. "Have I said that I'm proud of you?"

"Have I said that there is nothing to be proud of?" I reply. She snickers softly.

"You have a lot to be proud of darling."

"Mind telling me?"

"I want you to think on that." I shrug.

"I guess I'll never know." She rolls her eyes slightly.

"I love you Harry."

"I love you to Mom." I smile sadly.

"Mind putting on the TV? Family feud is on now." I nod.

I turn on the hospital TV and scan the channels.

My Mom used to always memorise the channel guides for hospitals when she could come here. She told me she did when she was in the hospital for Gemma and I. It keeps her mind off of things. "Mom, did you have time to memorise this channel guide? I don't know what network it is on." I ask.

There is no response.

"Mom?" I look at her. My eyes pinch.

Her eyes are dazed off. The palms of her hands are open. I don't see her chest rising and falling. There is nothing. A tear rolls down my cheek and I sniffle.

I shakily close her eyelids. I'll never see the color of her eyes again. I'll never see her smile or hear her laugh.

Tears roll down my cheeks. My hand rests on top of her's and I shake my head.

I start to sob. My hands shake and my eyes screw shut.

She didn't even get to say goodbye to my Dad. Or my sister. She passed without them.

My hand still holds hers. Slowly they become less warm. I kiss her knuckles and place her hand beside her.

"I love you Mom." I say shakily.

I excuse myself from her room to get a nurse or doctor.

Once I leave the room I bump into May. "Oh sorry." Her voice says. It's perky and doesn't match my mood.

I don't reply. She moves to the side of me, looks at my Mom, then looks back to me.

Fresh tears start to well up in my eyes. May hugs me tightly and I sob into her neck. "She's not in pain anymore."

"I want my Mom back." Her lips kiss my cheek and her arms hold me tighter.

I never got to say how much I appreciated her. I never got to say I thought she was the best Mom and that I'm lucky that she was mine.

My arms hold May tighter. My breaths are shaky and I feel sick. My eyes have tears every second and they quickly fall down my face.

A://N

Jesus my eyes hurt

Comment ???

Thoughts ???

Have a wonderful night x

~lauren