Thirty Five

May POV

We're back in Washington.

Our flight got delayed for 2 hours so instead of getting back home at 5, it's 7-ish and I'm exhausted.

I put my suitcase against the wall. I'm glad to be home. I've missed the gloomy weather and rain. And, I missed sleeping in my bed.

"Are you ever going to talk?" Harry asks me. His voice irritated.

"Depends on what you want to talk about." I say. My eyes glance to him.

"You didn't talk to me the way to the airport, on the plane, or the car ride back here."

I remain silent. And his tongue pokes through his cheek. "Really? You're that mad at me you're going to not respond?"

"I'm not mad." I say.

"Oh yeah, you're disappointed." His voice is mocking.

"It's your body and your life. If you want to spend it getting drunk with friends then go a head. I'm not your wife, I don't tell you what to do." His green eyes narrow at me.

"In my whole life I've gotten drunk four times. You act like everyday fucking day I drink. I don't. Yes, I had too much last night but you're treating me like I have a drinking problem." He pauses for a moment. "In this point of our relationship does it matter if you're my wife or not?"

"Sometimes." Harry scoffs.

"Most people that are just dating that are this young don't usually buy a house together, they usually don't have a baby together, they usually treat each other differently and maybe don't even live together until they're older or engaged. We're more than just dating May.

Yes, we're not married but what we have now shouldn't affect shit." Harry rants. "But please do tell me what it is that matters if you're my wife or girlfriend. That you'll have access to my accounts? You'll have my last name? You'd be under my insurance? You'd be officially mine? What is it?"

"I'm saying that I can't tell you what and what not to do."

"Why not? Is there a relationship book you're reading that I should too?"

"Because a girlfriend a wife are different, Harry."

"I don't know what the fuck you're even trying to explain May." He says honestly. "You're mad that I got drunk, leaving the whole wife and girlfriend shit out of this, why can't you just tell me? We're going to stupid fucking counselling for communication and you don't even want to open up about how you feel."

"Now it's stupid?"

"That's the only thing you focus on out of every fucking thing I said?"

"Stop swearing at me."

"I can fucking swear if I want too."

My teeth bite down and his eyes look cold. "I told you in California that I was disappointed."

"That's all you said. And you still looked mad after. And you still do."

"It doesn't help that you're yelling at me."

"I'm not yelling. Would you like me too?" His jaw is tense and the vein in his neck his popping out when he speaks. "You're so fucking confusing sometimes. I messed up, I got wasted, and what? Said a few random things? Then I fell asleep. I woke up and you look liked you wanted to throw a brick at me."

"Because I had to see you drunk Harry! I took care of you most of the times you got wasted and I don't like it. I don't like seeing you like that or hearing you like that. I'm sorry if you woke up and wasn't the happiest. Getting drunk like that isn't good."

"Thanks prude." He remarks.

"Prude? Really?"

"Yes, really."

"Just because I don't like to drink that makes me a prude?"

"You've always been a prude since day one May. You used to cringe at the word penis and that was so fucking frustrating and annoying sometimes."

"Was it frustrating because you couldn't get what you wanted from me sooner?" I spit. He automatically bites down harshly and his fists clench.

His mouth opens to speak but he closes it. "I think you should sleep somewhere else tonight." He manages to say through gritted teeth. "It's not I think, I want you to get out before I say shit that I don't know if I'll mean."

I don't know if I'll mean.

Which means he does most likely mean things he wants to say.

"May, get out of my apartment." His voice becomes more deep.

I don't say anything. I leave.

A://N

Tense chapter , yeah?

Thoughts?????

Feelings???

~lauren