Fourteen

May POV

I still hate sleeping alone despite the fact I've been doing it for a while now.

I hate looking to the opposite side of the bed and not seeing Harry.

I hate that I have no one to cuddle up to and kiss before I fall asleep or when I wake up.

It also gets lonely sleeping in a big mattress by yourself. Especially if you know your boyfriend is in the other room sleeping alone too.

We're both getting ready for our first session now. I'm scared. Mostly for the fact I'm going to have to talk about stuff I don't want too. That stuff includes how I feel about April. I still deep down believe it's my fault. I was too stubborn to stay in bed.

I exit the bedroom and see Harry with his iPhone pressed against his ear.

"I took a day off today." He repeats. "Yes, all day." His hand tugs through his brown hair. "No, I'm not coming in later. Tomorrow just summarise the meeting for me, okay?" Soon he hangs up and looks to me.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah." Harry smiles softly. "You look pretty." I glance down at my outfit. I'm wearing blue jeans that are folded up at the bottom and a grey sweater. My hair is in a low messy bun as well.

"Thanks." I say with a small grin. He just nods.

"Lemme just brush my teeth then we'll get going." I lick my lips and nod. In the mean time I go to where my jacket is and slip it on. It's almost winter and I'm extremely cold. I'm always cold but that's a different issue.

***

We decided to drive there together. We took his car. Now we're in the waiting area waiting.

Harry's fingers tug through his brown curls different amounts of time throughout us waiting. I wonder what he's thinking. Or what he does or doesn't want to talk about.

Soon our name is called back and we both stand. His eyes glance to me for a brief moment before we step into the office.

"Do you guys usually sit far away?" The women named Dr. Faron asks while sitting in the chair across from us asks. "Move closer, yes?" Harry and I do until a little gap is between us. She smiles warmly.

"How long have you guys been together?"

"With or without breaks?" Harry asks.

"Without."

"Five years." He answers for us.

"With?"

"Six."

"You guys broke up for a year?" She starts to jot stuff down.

"Yes." I answer.

"Why?"

We start to explain why. Which means we have to talk about the long distance. Thinking about the long distance makes me sad, knowing what happened to us.

"Wow okay." We all snicker lowly. "What brings you guys in as a couple today?"

"We've been having problems with our relationship." I reply.

"Since the split of a year?"

"No. We lost a uh baby 4 years ago." Her blue eyes soften.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I bite my lip. "First, I want to establish how you guys are with one another in your relationship. I assume it's been bumpy between you guys but I feel like for now, we should focus on why you guys are with each other, despite everything else yes?" Harry and I nod. "Do you guys live together?"