Twelve

{edited}

May POV

I'm on my lunch break and Adam and I decided to meet up for lunch. We're seating inside at a booth.

"How's Harry been?" Adam asks me. His brown eyes looking at me skeptically.

"Better." I say softly. "We start couples therapy tomorrow, but uh besides that he just looks a little more drained without taking his medicine."

"His dick medicine?" Adam asks.

"Dick medicine? Like Viagra?"

"No, May. It was supposed to be a joke. I'm saying the medicine made him a dick." I make an oh face.

"That wasn't a good joke." He laughs. "I thought you meant actual dick medicine."

"Is he on that?"

"Not that I know of." Adam eyes me. "I mean it as far as I'm considered he's not on that. But it's not like he would need it because we're not doing anything." I begin to ramble. I sip my ice tea.

"Not to be snoopy but uh long has it been since you and Harry have had sex?" I bite my lip.

"Four-ish years." Adam's eyes widen to the maximum.

"Jesus, how are you both managing?"

"We haven't been the same so I haven't been thinking about sex. Plus, I didn't really want to uh think about it over those years." My fingers fidget. "Still kinda don't."

"When you and Harry are better don't you think that will make you guys closer?"

"I guess but," I pause. "When you have sex there is a risk of pregnancy and I don't want to be pregnant now. I'd most likely have to go on the pill, and I'll be a head case the whole time and I just think for now we shouldn't be like that."

"Yeah of course not now." Adam smiles warmly.

"Anyways, how are you and Justin?"

"He wants to get a dog."

"What kind of dog? I love dogs." Adam smiles.

"Not sure. But he wants us to travel a bit then get the dog."

"Or I can dog sit while you guys travel." I smile gently. "Where are you guys thinking on traveling too?"

"Europe and Asia." I nod.

"When?" I ask.

"Probably soon. Like after Ronnie's wedding next week."

"Well, that sounds fun." I say with a gentle grin.

"I'm still surprised that Harry hasn't taken you anywhere on vacation."

"I don't like heights." I admit. Adam tilts his head at me.

"You've never left the state May. C'mon."

"I don't like planes and I get scared thinking about being in one." His head shakes with a chuckle.

***

I return back to the office and step into the office I'm using for the time remaining. Matt is seated in the chair across from my spinny chair. He turns around and glares at me. His light brown eyes look annoyed.

"I thought we had an arrangement. Twice a week you email me chapters."

"I've been on a somewhat writers block." I sit across from him. "Like I know what I want the rest of the book to be, I just don't know how to get there."

"Well, next time email me so I know you're not slacking purposely."

After I send him chapters he never emails back which means he likes it or hates it. I don't know which he's thinking, which is annoying on my end.

"Three emails this week, got it?" Matt stands.

"Yes, got it." I turn on the computer and head to where my files are saved. I start thinking to where to go with where ever I left off with the last chapter.

***

"Hello Ms. Evans." Barry greets me with a friendly smile.

"Call me May, Barry." He nods.

"How are you doing May?"

"I'm okay." I say with a soft smile. "You?"

"I'm swell. You're boyfriend has been saying thank you a lot more. I think there are two people in the building who are kind now."

"Really?" I cross my arms.

"Yep. He's a very generous tipper as well." I laugh and Barry smiles.

"Well, I'm glad."

"How long have you guys been dating, if I may ask?"

"Uh," I pause, thinking about it. "We've dated since my junior year of high school, but we broke up for a year. Without the year, about 5 years. With the year we broke up, 6." I say slowly, making sure I don't mess up.

"Wow." He says. "Time flies by doesn't it?"

"Very much so." I chuckle.

"Well, I don't want to hold you up. We'll chat later."

"Next time is my round of questions." Barry smiles.

"Will do Ms. May."

"Just May." I hum while stepping into the warm lobby. I head to the elevators and press my floor number.

Yes, I still very much hate these death traps but I'm too lazy for the steps.

~

I step into the apartment and hear the TV on. I slip off my shoes by the door and head to the living room.

Harry's laying down watching TV. The blanket is up to his chin and his eyes look gloomy.

I can tell the difference between him with the medicine and without. He's much more sad looking without taking the pills.

"Hello." I greet.

"Hi." Harry replies softly.

"What time did you get home?" I ask curiously. It's only four.

"Three." Harry speaks while looking at me. I sit on the fluffy carpet and look at him.

"You look sad today."

"I know." Harry sighs. "All day at work I've been smiling and stuff and now I'm exhausted which I don't want to, because I want to be happy for you."

"I want you to be you and that means going through everything you need too to be happy again. It will take time." I squeeze his hand. His green eyes look into mine.

I hate seeing him like this. Now I know what he felt when I felt like garbage. I bite my lip and stand up. "Move over." I tell him softly to him. Harry moves into the back of the couch and I lay beside him.

I let him rest his head on my shoulder. His head curls into my neck. "Thank you." Harry murmurs gently. I don't reply. I just look at the show playing on TV.

~

I look over and see Harry passed out. His lips are parted open slightly and his eyes are screwed shut. He looks peaceful which is nice. I kiss the top of his head and look back to the TV.

A://N

next chapter will be a Harry POV just a heads upp

comment??

vote???

~lauren