111

Harry POV

It's Saturday morning and Finn and May are still sleeping.

I got the letter from Lily two days ago. I'm just nervous to open it.

I'm seated at the table tapping my foot against the floor nervously.

Just do it Harry.

My fingers undo the envelope and I take the paper out. There are a few pages. I let out a deep breath and start reading.

To Harry,

By the time you read this, I know it's been years since I've died. I know this because my Mom never goes through my stuff and when she finally decides too, I hope these are the first things she finds.

I'm writing this as if it has been years since I've died. If it's been a few years and you're still in high school, well, then take what I'm saying as advice and take what I say to heart.

Before I get into some sad things, well this whole thing is sad so let me rephrase.

Before I get into my "advice", let me just say some things that I hope you maybe already know.

I love you.

I will always love you.

You were my best friend before my boyfriend so that means we go pretty far back.

I want to thank you for all the memories you've given me. I want to thank you for all the first times you've let me had. I want to thank you for showing me love and what it feels like to be in love.

Overall, thank you for being mine when you were.

I will always remember the first time we kissed at your Christmas party Freshman year. It is and will always be my favourite memory of us. We both were so young and everything was so cliche but I loved it. I know we used to joke about how it was cliche for a first kiss but a perfect memory to tell or think about.

I've never been much of a writer. Putting what I think to paper isn't my strong suit, so I can't really describe with words how much I love you and how much I'm sad that I left you.

Now, let's get into that "advice"...

I hope you find a girl who you love.

I hope you make a family with a girl you look at and feel butterflies in your stomach.

I hope you grow old and die with this girl who you might not have met, or you have.

I have a strong feeling my mom won't give you this until you do meet this girl which might or might not be years later. But I hope you do read this when you do start falling in love with this girl, so you know somethings.

I don't want you to think about me while being in love with this girl who is lucky as anything.

Now, you being you might be thinking why?

Why would I just forget about her?

I'll tell you why.

No girl should feel like they're never going to be as loved as the first love that died.

No girl should feel like their other is still in love with the first love that died.