i'm gonna miss you | stiles stilinski

Stiles sighs as he closes the boot of his jeep, he looks over at you, standing next to him quietly

"I'm gonna miss you, y/n." He reaches out and places his hand on your arm.

You turn to face him, "I'm gonna miss you too, Stiles..." there was something you weren't telling him and he could see it in your eyes as you avoided his gaze.

"You can tell me, you know." He assures you, looking into your eyes with his dark, brown ones that you could melt in to.

You shake your head, "it really doesn't matter." You smile over at him, trying your hardest not to let the tears that were building up spill.

"Y/n..." he says softly, stepping towards you.

"Stiles..." you look down and avoid eye contact.

He reaches up and cups your chin with his hand, lifting it upwards so that you have to look at him, he raises his eyebrows.

"We've been friends for years... you can tell me." His soothing voice makes you feel some type of way, you'd fallen in love with him but you couldn't tell him. He was leaving to go to Washington, you didn't want to be the one making him stay.

"I can't." Your voice cracks but you force yourself not to cry, blinking quickly. The smile fades from his face as he sees the tears forming in your eyes.

"Y/n?" He asks, concerned now.

You try and look away but his hand keeps your face steady, his eyes lock on yours, "please tell me."

"I think I love you." You blurt out, a tear falls down your cheek as he drops his hand.

"I-" he starts to say, but he quickly cups your face with his hands and kisses you intently, his thumbs rubbing your cheeks. He pulls away slowly, resting his forehead on yours, "I love you too, y/n."

"Stiles... please don't say that if you don't mean it." You say, looking into his eyes.

"I do mean it, I've had a crush on you since junior year..." his eyes lit up as he had an idea, "come with me to Washington."

"You want me to come with you?" You say, disbelieving your ears.

"Yes, I do." He nods slowly, he wipes the tears off of your cheeks with his jumper sleeves, chuckling slightly.

"I'd love to." You smile as he wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you closer to him.

Scott stood in the background as he watched his two best friends finally get together after all this time, smiling to himself.