the funeral | allison argent

Start from the beginning

Lydia left the photograph at the side of the bed and ran downstairs, her mom hugged her and whispered in her ear, "you're very brave, I need you to know that, okay Lydia?"

"Thanks, mom." Lydia hugged her mom and then walked outside to see Stiles' jeep and Scott and his mother sat in the back.

"Hey, Lyds." Stiles greeted her with a warm smile, something she definitely needed to see on a day like this.

Everyone was extremely quiet on the way to the funeral but it was a much appreciated silence.

When the group arrived at the church that Chris, Allison's father, had chosen for the day they all left the jeep and walked solemnly in to the church.

Stiles took hold of Lydia's hand in a way of comforting her and she squeezed his hand. She couldn't help but feel scared, scared of facing the reality of life without her best friend and scared of having to make a speech about how important Allison was to her.

Scott felt exactly the same way and his mom stood by his side as they walked inside and took their seats at the front by Chris Argent.

Chris smiled at them weakly, after all he'd lost his wife and now his daughter.

The funeral started with a bible reading and a few words from Chris, he couldn't make it half way through the first half of his speech without breaking down, Melissa joined him by his side and helped him through it. Scott, Stiles and Lydia had tears in their eyes and they couldn't stop them flowing.

When Chris and Melissa took their seats again, the priest spoke, "and now a few words from someone very special to Miss Argent." He gestured to Scott to stand up and go to the podium at the front.

Scott fidgeted in his pocket for the piece of paper he'd written on and looked at the speech he'd written, and then shoved it back into his pocket.

"I had a speech written for today... but those words don't accurately describe how I'm feeling right now. I can't speak for everyone on what's happening inside my head and the thoughts and emotions that I'm feeling and that's because Allison was my first love. My first everything," he looked at Chris and smiled slightly, "sorry Sir." Chris smiled back at Scott and Scott continued his speech.

"Allison was special to everyone, she brought so much light into mine and my friends lives, and changed them for the better. She was strong, independent and definitely did not need someone to fight her battles for her... but sadly..." Scott felt the tears start to form in his eyes and he looked at his mom who nodded, "sadly she didn't win her final battle.
I can't express how much I loved and still love Allison, she was smart, funny and intelligent and... and I don't know how I'm going to survive without her." He choked on his last words as the tears fell down his face.

"One final thing..." he said before he sat down, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pen and walked over to her coffin.

"In case you forgot again." He placed the pen next to her and he took one final look at her before turning away, it pained Scott to see her lying there, but he knew she was in a much better place now wherever she was.

Lydia got up and hugged Scott before she took her place at the podium. She couldn't speak for a few moments as she was lost for words but she glanced at her friends and they all looked at her with reassuring smiles.

"Where do I begin?..." Lydia let out a deep intake of breath, "Allison Argent was the first best friend I ever had... even if I had to tell her that she was my new best friend," Everyone laughed and Lydia smiled, "I knew as soon as I saw her that she was someone I had to be friends with, she has this aura around her that radiated kindness and love and that's exactly what she was. I've been through a lot with Alli, and she always knew what to do... she fought her own battles and she never gave up even when everyone else did, and that's why I admire her so much. She was and will always be my best friend, I can't imagine the next time I have to go shopping and I don't have her besides me laughing at the hideous outfits... or making me take Stiles to prom." She smiled as she said that and she looked over at Stiles who was blushing.

"So to my best friend, I love you so much, and I know that wherever you are you'll always be looking down on us and if you're watching us right now... I love you. Thank you for teaching me how to be a better person." And with her final words the tears finally fell and she took her seat between Scott and Stiles who hugged her.

Stiles was up next.

"I don't have a moving speech but what I do have are some final words to a very important friend to me. Allison, I love you, without you Beacon Hills will never be the same, every time I see a bow and arrow I'll think of you. I can't talk about our numerous experiences... regretfully there weren't many and I'm sad that I have to say that and I wish we'd had more time... but what I can say is that Allison is the one person you wanted to be your friend," he paused, "she lit up every room she walked into with that smile of hers and I can't believe we'll never see it ever again. But I don't want to leave on a sad note, so I'll say this. Thank you Allison for making Lydia go to prom with me otherwise we would never be where we are now." He looked at Lydia, his only love, and smiled.

He went back to his seat and took hold of Lydia's hand and squeezed it as the priest continued with the funeral.

The time came for the boys to help carry out Allison's coffin and for them to bury it.

Chris couldn't hold in his tears and so Melissa comforted him as the trio of Scott, Stiles and Lydia stood by the open hole of which the coffin was being lowered into.

"Any final words?" The priest asked.

"Yes." Scott said.

Scott went and stood by the priest and looked down at the coffin, "You mean so much to us all Allison Argent, you were the first.. and only girl I've ever loved, thank you for being our friend." He looked at Stiles and Lydia and they came and stood beside him and they all picked up a handful of soil.

"For Allison." They whispered together as they threw the dirt onto her coffin.

And that's when the four of them were together for the last time.

I hope you guys liked this? I know it's sad but Allison never got the funeral she deserved so hopefully I've done it justice? <3