the lakehouse | lydia martin

a/n: please don't be silent readers... i like it when you guys vote and comment :)

she drives you to her lake house where you'd been numerous times, except this time she blindfolds you before you go inside.

"lydia, you know that i've seen it before, right?" you giggle.

"i know, but you haven't seen it quite like this." she leads you inside and down the stairs to the basement which has a balcony overlooking the lake.

she removes the blindfold and you gasp, fairy lights had been hung all around, and a boat is floating on the water attached by a rope, ores lay besides it, "are we...?" you ask.

"yes," lydia beams widely, "i brought a boat!"

"just for us?" you ask, feeling warm inside. you always felt warm and tingly around lydia, there was just something about her that made you madly in love with her.

"of course! come on, y/n!" she says excitedly, taking hold of your hand and dragging you to the boat.

you stepped onto the boat cautiously, it wobbled slightly and you felt lydia's hands hold onto you to steady you. you sat down and held out your hand for her to grab onto. she sat opposite you, smiling.

it was a clear night and you could see the moons reflection shimmer across the water, lydia grabbed the ores and untied the rope attaching the boat to the dock.

"this is really sweet of you, lyds."

"anything for my favourite person." she smiled.

you noticed a blanket that seemed to be covering something.

"don't touch it yet!" lydia slapped your hand away softly.

"okay, okay." you laughed.

lydia rowed out to the middle of the lake, the moon could be seen clearly and the twinkling stars lit up the sky as you stared up at the sky.

"it's so beautiful out here, lyds." you said in awe, lydia nodded but she had her eyes fixed on you the whole time.

"sure is." she said quietly.

lydia locked the ores in place and let the boat float along peacefully. she removed the blanket and revealed two lanterns.

"oh, wow." you gasped as you looked down to see the lanterns.

"i know you love that movie... tangled, right? so i thought we could recreate your favourite scene?" she smiled sweetly.

"of course, i love that film!" you began to feel butterflies in your stomach as lydia lifted up the unlit lanterns.

she pulled out a lighter from her pocket and lit them both, the light from the lanterns illuminated lydia's face as she held them close to her.

"you're so beautiful, lydia." you blurted out.

she looked shocked, "me?... y/n, i think you are the most beautiful person i've ever seen." a slight tint of pink rose in her cheeks.

you blushed too, "thanks." you giggled then at how awkward you were being.

"so, shall we let these bad boys go?" she laughed.

"definitely!" you took one of them and lifted it upwards, pushing it up towards the star filled sky.

lydia let hers go too and she stared at the intwining lanterns.

you looked at her, admiring her beauty and awe at the hovering lanterns.

she looked at you then, in the illuminance of the lanterns her sea-green eyes shimmered.

your bodies seemed to gravitate towards each other as you leaned towards her, soon your lips were against hers and she cupped your face with her hands.

you both pulled away to breath, "that was..."

"amazing," lydia finished your sentence, "you don't know how long i've wanted that happen."

"i can guess." you smile before kissing her again.