"i'm sorry, y/n, i really am. i- i should've told you. but everything i've ever told you is true. i promise." he shouts as you walk away.

you still hear him calling you when you get on the bus to get home, you normally got a ride home with stiles but you had to get the bus instead.

liam
walking into school you went towards your locker to get your books out and suddenly you were ambushed by mason.

"hey, y/n." he said a little too exaggeratedly.

"hey, mason." you greeted him whilst putting your books into your bag.

"so did you do that homework we had for mr douglas?" he asked, trying to act casual by leaning against the lockers.

"obviously," you said, you always did the homework, "is there something you want?"

"nope, not at all." he said suspiciously.

you closed your locker door and moved to walk around him when he stood in your way, "mason, can you please move?"

"y/n, there's something i need to tell you." he said urgently, but it was too late, you dodged around him and immediately you saw something you wished you hadn't.

liam was kissing hayden romero, the girl he told you not to worry about. you felt your heart sink as you saw him wrap his arms around her like he would with you.

"y/n," mason said quietly, "i'm sorry, i wanted to tell you but i told liam he needed to tell you himself, but it looks like he hasn't."

you turned around to look at mason, tears threatening to spill out, he stepped towards you and opened his arms slightly and you let him hug you.

"why wouldn't he tell me?" you choke back tears, the hallway was empty now and mason kept hugging you.

"i told him to, i didn't want to be the one to hurt you y/n, i hope you understand." he rubbed his hands up and down your back to console you.

"i understand, mason. i just don't understand why he would kiss her in the middle of school where i would see them?" you said in spite.

mason shook his head, "i don't know... um, you better turn around." he let go and looked in front of him.

you turned around to see liam standing behind you, you waited for him to speak but he didn't say a word.

"well?" mason said, disturbing the silence.

"well?" liam repeated.

mason groaned, "look man, just because you're my best friend doesn't mean i'm going to put up with you hurting y/n."

liam looked at you, he analysed the tear stricken face of the girl he had hurt, "y/n... i-"

"save it, liam," it was time you stood up for yourself, "you hurt me a lot, i mean you just kissed hayden in the middle of school knowing i would see it and mason is the one who feels sorry that he didn't tell me."

liam looked between you and mason, "i'm sorry, y/n, i really am. there's no other words to say to make this any better."

"you're right, there isn't." mason snarled.

"you're not helping, mason." liam glared at him.

"really? because i'm not the one who just openly kissed someone that wasn't my girlfriend. not that i have a girlfriend, i'm gay. but the rules still apply." he said.

"it's okay, mason," you smile at him reassuringly, then turn to liam, "well i guess we're finished, liam. i really hope that she makes you happy."

liam was speechless as you and mason walked away from him.

theo
although you and theo were only friends with benefits, you couldn't help but develop feelings for him. he was the bad boy of beacon hills but whenever he was with you he acted differently, he treated you like the most important person in the world.

you stayed late after school, finishing off a school project in the library. when you were finished you packed up and started walking out of the school when you heard hushed voices coming from the janitors closet.

you panicked for a moment as you knew that there was always something supernatural lurking around beacon hills. you plucked up the courage and went over to open the closet door.

"theo?" you gasped.

he jumped away from the girl that he had been kissing moments before.

"y/n?" he asked confused, "what are you doing here?"

"i was studying, unlike some of us." you said sarcastically.

your eyes adjusted to the dark of the closet and you saw a familiar girl leaning against the wall, "malia?..."

"i should go..." she avoided eye contact with you as she quickly rushed out of the school.

theo stepped out the closet and into the light, "why do you look so upset, y/n? you know we're not actually a thing right?"

"i know... i just- sometimes i wish we were." you confessed.

theo's eyes seemed to search your face for something, he was debating whether to tell you the truth- that he liked you a lot.

"y/n, i like you a lot... i guess i just used malia to try and stop my feelings." he said quietly, moving closer to you.

you could feel your heart beating quickly as his face was now inches from yours.

"i like you more than just a lot, theo." you look directly into his eyes, looking for any sign of what he said before was the truth.

before you knew it your lips were connected to his and he pulled you closer to him into the darkness of the closet before closing it behind you both.