motel california | isaac lahey

Start from the beginning

"sorry, the only room we have available is one with a double bed." she sneered.

judging by the wall of room keys behind her, it was clear that no one was staying there.

"excuse me, ma'am but i can't help but notice all those room keys behind you-" isaac was losing his patience now.

"oh those? they're just for decoration." the woman said sarcastically.

isaac rolled his eyes, and just accepted the key for the room with the double bed.

he stalked outside and waited for you by the stairs leading up to the top floor, "sorry, y/n." he mumbled.

"that woman gave me the creeps." you shuddered, trying to make isaac laugh. it worked.

"you're okay with this right? i mean -" he stuttered.

"of course i am, isaac." you followed him upstairs to your room. the paint was peeling off the railings and spiderwebs scattered over the ceilings. how nice.

isaac opened the door to reveal a some-what decent room, or at least it was a little bit better than the exterior of the building.

closing the door behind you, isaac went to check out the bathroom, "uh, i guess we won't be showering anytime soon." you walked up behind him to check it out, the floor of the shower was full of hair and - you didn't even want to think about what else.

a sound of disgust escaped you, isaac smirked.

"what?" you looked up at him.

he just laughed, walking over to the bed and pulling back the covers to check if it was clean.
"i'm surprised... i was expecting- well i don't know what i was expecting but at least it's clean."

you didn't even have anything to change into to sleep in and you couldn't sleep in your clothes, that would be uncomfortable.

isaac looked over at you, clearly the same thought going through his mind.

until he went for it and pulled his top off, your eyes fixed on his abs.

"oh." you gasped.

he just smirked, would he stop doing that?

to avoid him from seeing you blushing you turned around and went to look inside the wardrobe to see if there was anything you could possibly wear. when you opened it there was a thin white nightgown on the hanger. you removed it from the wardrobe and went into the bathroom. removing your top and pants, you put the nightgown on over your underwear. at least it wasn't see through.
walking outside of the bathroom you saw that isaac was already in the bed, sitting up reading what looked like the bible that he must've gotten from the drawer next to the bed, his shirt and pants lay at the bottom of the bed. you walked over to the bed and placed your clothes at the end of the bed. you went to get into your side of the bed, isaac looked over at you then, "you're seriously not wearing that thing to sleep in are you?"

you were always uncomfortable in your body and you obviously didn't want isaac seeing you practically naked.

"yes, why?" you could feel your cheeks heating up.

he must've sensed your nervousness, so he didn't press it, only saying that "you'll be awfully hot, it is summer after all" and went back to reading the bible.

you questioned yourself for a moment, why should you feel nervous around him? you'd been best friends for a long while now and it shouldn't matter.

making your mind up you undid the knot at the front of the nightgown and placed it over one of the chairs near you. he was right anyway, it was stifling hot in the room.

you got into the bed, sticking to your side and leaving a large gap between the both of you.

he put the bible down and slid down the bed, and turned towards you, you doing the same turning to face him.

"y/n?" he asked.

"yes?" you asked sleepily.

"i want to tell you something..." he started to say.

you nodded, encouraging him to go on.

"well, you see, i guess being in this situation... it's made me realise something," he looked straight into your eyes then, "what i'm trying to say.. is that i have feelings for you."

your heart jumped, you smiled then waiting for him to continue.

"i love you, y/n. i mean, i always have but i never wanted to admit it because i didn't want to ruin our friendship.." he trailed off.

"oh, isaac. i've been in love with you... well since we first met. i'm glad that you're the person i got stuck in this motel with." you laughed and isaac laughed too, relieved that you felt the same.

closing the difference between the two of you he pulled you towards him and kissed you whilst wrapping his arms around you.

you two fell asleep with your arms wrapped around each other, your head resting against his chest listening to his heartbeat.

remember to vote and comment!