Perfect Disguise

Summary: Jade and Perrie are co-workers and sworn enemies. Jade is determined to beat Perrie this year at the costume contest for Halloween. Nowhere in the plan does that include kissing her while disguised as Harley Quinn.

"Stop squirming," Leigh-Anne snaps, grabbing her chin to hold her in place. "If I poke your eye out, it will be your  fault."

Jade sighs. She can't help her fingers fidgeting with her keys, anxious to get out of this chair. Her ass is numb from sitting at her best friend's vanity for an hour.

"Are you almost done?"

"Patience, hun," Leigh-Anne tells her, smirking at her twitching. "You'll be thanking me when you win this stupid contest."

"That's the idea," Jade mutters. "You're the expert here."

Leigh-Anne is a professional make-up artist. Jade could have smeared some cheap drug-store paint on her face and called it a day, but Leigh-Anne all but begged her to let her help. She loved treating the brunette like a dress-up doll.

Ever since they were kids, Leigh-Anne had been painting her nails and giving her makeovers with her collection of glittery eyeshadow and hair clips. Jade cringes when she thinks of the photo evidence. She's never been good at saying no to her best friend.

She smudges the last of the blue and red eyeshadow around her eyes and finally pronounces her finished. "There! Take a look."

Jade turns her head to see herself in her vanity's mirror and gasps. She's impressed. Her face is powdered pale, and the red and blue make her eyes pop. Her lipstick is smudged in purpose, giving her that crazy, messy look. The make-up looks amazing, like something out of a movie set. She doesn't even recognize her own reflection.

She had bought a platinum blonde pigtail wig and sprayed the ends red and blue. She's completing the look with shorts, red-and-blue jacket, and an inflatable baseball bat. The whole thing actually looks pretty good. It's more effort than she's put into any costume before.

"This looks great, Leigh!"

Leigh-Anne smiles through the mirror, pleased. "Yeah?"

Jade turns around to pop a grateful kiss on her cheek. "You did an awesome job. Thank you!" She stands up from the chair, stretching her stiff muscles. "I gotta head out."

Leigh-Anne nods, starting to gather up the make-up supplies she used on her friend. "Good luck! And have fun tonight."

"I will."

Jade heads to the open doorway, only to be stopped by Leigh-Anne calling her back. She has a wicked glint in her eyes.

"Play nice with Perrie, yeah?"

Jade scoffs. "Not a chance in hell."

Her annoyingly uptight co-worker, otherwise known as Perrie Edwards, is the reason she gives a shit about this stupid costume contest in the first place.

Perrie has won the last two years at their office's Halloween party. This year, Jade is going to claim the title and rub it in her smug little face.

The party has already started by the time Jade parks at their building and makes it up to their office floor.

Naturally, Perrie is head chair of the Party Planning Committee. Jade has to hand it to her. The office is completely transformed in the spirit of Halloween.

This year's theme is a zombie breakout. The walls have signs of radiation warnings and signs to keep-out. There are glasses on the desks with floating brains and red punch that looks like fresh blood. The windows are all boarded up and decayed zombie mannequins are crawling out from under tables and chairs.