On Camera

Summary: The one where Jade is a famous YouTuber and all hell breaks loose when an unfamiliar voice interrupts her livestream. Who is the mystery girl?

As has become her routine, Jade does a livestream after her afternoon classes on Fridays.

It's never anything formal, just her playing whatever game her viewers voted on for that particular week, doing some challenges or answering questions she sees pop up in her chat. Despite how often she does it, Jade always gets a little flutter in her chest when she starts a livestream and sees the number of viewers steadily increase well into the tens of thousands. She never thought she would ever have more than maybe ten people care about who she was or what she had to say, but here she is now with over half a million subscribers.

"I'll have Leigh-Anne come over next week, so you guys can watch me kick her ass in Mario Kart," Jade tells the camera, grinning when the chat excitedly cheers her on. As soon as she found out that she and Leigh-Anne Pinnock, another popular YouTuber, attend the same university, Jade quickly contacted her. The two of them became fast friends and guested on each other's channels frequently. It was nice to have a friend in the business, but it also got annoying sometimes. "No," Jade says with a roll of her eyes. "For the five thousandth time, Leigh-Anne is not my girlfriend."

thirlwallsgf: omg guys stop asking if they're dating

jadeisbae: ok but if she isn't ur gf are u dating anyone??? maybe date me?

thirlwallsimp: pls there's NO WAY jade is single

Jade can't help but snort at the chat. Ever since she started her channel, her relationship status has been something that has come up time and time again. She would normally be annoyed at the fact, knowing that her love life is not really anyone's business but hers, but it's just so damn funny seeing people speculate over every little thing she says or posts.

"You guys are so invested in who I may or may not be dating," Jade drawls with a smile as she closes out the game. She rests her chin on her fist and asks, "Why do you want to know so bad?"

noticemejade: to know if i have a chance

ilyjade: ok but are you dating someone????

jadeybaby: we just wanna know who's worthy of dating you

Jade lets out a particularly loud laugh at the last message and shakes her head. "Worthy of dating me?" she repeats, almost unable to speak because she's laughing so hard. She opens her mouth to say "more like you should wonder if I'm worthy of my girlfriend" but quickly shuts it. She hasn't been keeping her a relationship private for this long, only to make a careless mistake like that. Instead, Jade smiles and says, "Don't worry, guys. If I ever date someone, it'll be a good person."

Just as Jade goes to say goodbye and end her live, Perrie opens the door and pokes her head in. "Hey, I'm going grocery shopping now. Do you want to come with?"

Jade tries to shush her, but she's too late. One glance at her chat has her wincing with dread. She sits back in her chair, reading the rapid-fire exchange in the chat.

gaygal: WHO TF WAS THAT

jadeybaby: i'm gonna pass out

thirlwallsgf: that was the sexiest voice i've ever heard omfg

womenluvr: is she your girlfriend??!!