The Reunion

A/N: I'm overwhelmed by your kind comments on the previous chapter!  Thank you all so much!❤️ I will continue this book, and now my goal is 100 chapters. 😊

Summary: Jade isn't very fond of her school years. The people who were jackasses to her, still are. With the approaching ten-year reunion, Perrie decides to step in and change that.

Jade anxiously bites her fingernails. Shifting from one foot to the other, she lets out another defeated breath. She's been standing on the front door of her old high school back in South Shields for almost forty-five minutes now, expecting some spontaneous event to take place so she doesn't have to go there and meet up with her obnoxious former classmates. The brunette sighs when another group of people go inside without even greeting her. She knows they can see her, after all, invisibility is an ability she certainly lacks.

The dark grey clouds that hover above her make Jade feel even more crestfallen, and she hopes Perrie gets there before she completely loses her patience.

It was a bad idea, no, scratch that, it was the worst idea. Jade regrets she even accepted the invitation in the first place.

----

A few weeks ago, they were back in their apartment, laying comfortably on the sofa, Jade perched on top of Perrie while they watched, or pretended to watch, a movie. They were heavily making out, Perrie's fingers digging the smooth curve of Jade's ass while the brunette peppered Perrie's neck with soft kisses that were getting sloppier with the seconds passing.

When Jade hid her face in the crook of Perrie's neck, Perrie laughed gently and kissed her temple, wrapping her arms around the brunette's back.

"I love it when you hold me like this," Jade said, voice muffled against smooth skin.

"And I love holding you. You're pretty small. Feels like I'm cuddling a little puppy." Perrie grabbed her chin, coercing Jade out of her nest. "A really cute puppy."

The blonde's chest rumbled with barely contained giggles when Jade glared at her, but whatever kind of fear she wanted to inflict on Perrie was lost when she yawned and rubbed her eyes with the heels of her hands.

"I'm not that small." She kissed the top of Perrie's nose and rested her cheek on the blonde's chest.

Perrie caressed Jade's soft curls for a while, allowing the tranquil quietness of their room to wash over them. She delicately traced her finger over Jade's temple while humming her favourite song, then reached her cheekbones and relaxed jaw. The blonde yearned for the small sounds leaving Jade's pouty lips. Perrie kept drawing the brunette's features for a couple of minutes and stopped for to leave a peck on her lips, finishing up at soft brown eyes looking at her with wonder and tenderness.

A small smile was drawn on her lips as she spoke. "You're small for me and it's okay, because it's you and it makes me want to hold you close to me for the rest of my life." Perrie kissed Jade's left eyelid when her eyes tiredly fluttered close.

"For the rest of your life? Is that so?" Jade hummed and they gave each other a secretive smile.

"And then, the afterlife. And I'll make sure we find each other in every life after that," Perrie said, blue eyes shining with raw sincerity, meaning it wholeheartedly.

The couple stayed quiet for a few bits, thinking about everything and nothing at all. Perrie's mind ran a mile per second, so did Jade's. The two girls took pleasure in the vast, infinite sunset happening in front of them. The gentlest mix of pale pink and orange hues painted the wide paradise; the soft reflections coming from the windows made the room look like out of a fairytale.