Complicated

Summary: The one where Jade changes her Facebook status, and everyone freaks out.

A/N: Do you guys still remember the time when people announced the beginning and end of their relationships through Facebook statuses? I do, and this is the result.

Perrie stirs as the morning light peeks through her curtains. She reaches over to the other side of the bed, hoping to find Jade and pull her in closer, but the space beside her was empty. Rustling from the kitchen brings a smile to Perrie's lips as memories of the previous night play out. After rubbing her eyes, Perrie lifts up her left hand, admiring the diamond ring that sat on her ring finger. It had just been them last night, a home-cooked dinner, candles, slow dancing and cuddling on the couch before Jade had proposed. Perrie is so wrapped up in her memories, she doesn't hear Jade enter the room.

"You're going to blind yourself if you keep staring at it," Jade smiles as she walks in. Carefully placing the tray she was carrying on the bedside table, she moves to sit beside Perrie. She leans down for a kiss. "Morning, beautiful."

As their lips part, neither of them dares to move too far just yet. Their lips ghosting over each other as smiles creep up on the both of them. Perrie makes the first move and manoeuvres herself so that she's straddling Jade's lap. Moving both her hands to gently caress either side of Jade's face, she places three more quick kisses on the soft lips in front of her.

"Good." Kiss.

"Morning." Kiss.

"Gorgeous." Kiss.

Perrie looks into Jade's eyes and all she can see is love and admiration which causes her heart to flutter. "We're engaged," she whispers.

"We're engaged," Jade repeats, the smile on her face only growing wider. "I made you breakfast. You have to get to work soon."

Perrie leans in for another kiss. "Mmm, thank you. It looks great."

After breakfast, getting changed and a few more stolen kisses, Perrie is about ready to leave for work. Rummaging through her bag she asks, "Hey baba, have you seen my-"

Jade stands in front of Perrie dangling a set of keys in front of her fiancée. "Keys?"

Perrie grabs the keys and gives Jade another quick kiss. "I don't know what I would do without you." She starts to slip on her shoes. "You should update your status on Facebook, and I'll do it at work if I can get to a computer."

"Leigh-Anne is going to hate you for not telling her as soon as it happened."

Perrie shrugs her shoulders. "She can't be mad long. I'll just tell her she won't be invited to the wedding then."

Jade lets out a small laugh. "Then we'll definitely have a wedding crasher."

Perrie playfully shrugs her shoulders once more. "We'll see her tonight anyways. I'm sure we'll be bombarded with questions then, so be prepared for that."

"I will," Jade chuckles.

Perrie checks herself in the mirror once more, fixing her hair slightly. "Okay, I'm going to drop my phone off at the store to get fixed and I will be home by 6... which should give me more than enough time to get ready for the celebration dinner."

"I still can't believe you dropped your phone in soup. The things you do for a good TikTok," Jade teases.

Perrie opens the door and turns to look back at Jade. "It was Snapchat, actually," she says as she sticks out her tongue before leaving.

Jade just shakes her head and walks over to the door to lock it. She had the day off and was going to use it to catch up on some reading. She makes herself some green tea and settles down in the living room for the time being.