Give Me a Sign

A/N: Here it is! The 100th oneshot in this book... 🥳

Summary: Perrie stumbles across an article called '6 Guaranteed Signs Your Crush is in Love with You!'

Or, 6 signs that Jade's in love with Perrie. And Perrie being oblivious to said 6 signs, until she's not.

Perrie knows she's hit rock bottom when she finds herself searching 'signs your crush likes you back' on Google, but then her eyes fall on the second result: 6 Guaranteed Signs Your Crush is in Love with You!

Well. She supposes it can't hurt to read the article. Maybe just a brief scan. No big deal.

Before she can talk herself out of it, she clicks on the title and starts scrolling.

By the time she finishes perusing the article, she's reeling from two things: one, the fact that the article might actually make sense, and two, the fact that if the article actually rings true, then maybe her feelings for Jade might not be entirely one-sided.

But it can't be, right? If Jade really did reciprocate her feelings, Perrie would probably know something about it by now. She can't be that oblivious. This could just be her own wishful thinking.

----

1. They fixate on you

Before she can contemplate the article any further, there's a knock on her door, and she turns to see Jade strolling into her office with two pizzas and an excited grin.

"I've got lunch with your name on it!" Jade chirps, walking over to Perrie and depositing the pizza on the coffee table, before plopping beside her on the couch. She peers curiously at Perrie's computer, and Perrie immediately closes the tab, switching over to her work email. "Busy with work?"

Perrie smiles nervously, heat blooming in her cheeks, and she nods in confirmation. More like busy asking Google if you love me back. "I'm just finishing up the latest project," she replies instead, and Jade smiles proudly, patting her thigh affectionately before leaning forward to open the pizza box.

"Congrats! That's the one you've been working on for months, right? I'm proud of you," Jade says with a smile, offering Perrie a slice of pizza before taking one for herself and biting into it. Perrie feels herself smile at the casual praise – Jade says it as though it's obvious how proud of Perrie she is. As though there shouldn't be a question of it.

"But right now, what could be more important than food?" Jade continues while chewing, eyebrows raised, and Perrie can't help but laugh.

"You're right. Let me wrap this up quickly," Perrie replies, using her free hand to scan through some important emails she needs to respond to by the end of the day.

And with the time Perrie wasted on asking Google whether or not Jade loves her back, she has even less time to handle all the unread emails in her inbox – which also happens to make for a good distraction from Jade's intoxicating presence.

Jade makes a noise of disapproval. "You should really give yourself more breaks, Pez."

Perrie looks up at Jade, smiling softly. "I will. I just have a few things to do, then I'll be all yours." She looks back down, reading through the more urgent emails, and feels Jade's gaze on her, out of the corner of her eye.

When Perrie looks up to meet Jade's gaze, the brunette seems to snap out of whatever daze she was in, smiling sheepishly and going back to munching on her pizza. And Perrie can't concentrate on her work anymore because she's too preoccupied with wondering why Jade keeps staring at her. Is she reading too much into all the looks?