Rumors

Summary: Detectives Perrie Edwards and Jade Thirlwall are rumored to be dating despite being married to different people. Well, at least they got the married part right. Leigh-Anne really should've asked first.

The detectives' floor of the 72nd precinct was buzzing with activity as usual. However, instead of getting actual work done, the detectives were merely entertaining themselves with anything but work.

Instead of their usual place in the middle, the desks were pushed to the side to make room for a bucket. A few of the detectives were sitting on their desk chair a good 20 feet away from the bucket, next to a bin full of crumpled paper. The game they settled on for today is simply called "trash basketball". The participants were to shoot papers crumpled into a ball into the trash as much as they could in a span of two minutes.

So far, the competition was a tie between Zack and Aaron, who both managed to land 12 into the bucket.

"Now get ready for your minds to be blown," Andre bragged, rolling his chair to the spot Zack just moved away from. Zack and Aaron moved to the sidelines, smug grins all over their face, as the timer for Andre's turn to start rang out.

Jade let out a sigh and rolled her eyes, shifting her weight from one leg to another as she stood on the other side of the commotion. She doesn't mind the fun things they do, she really doesn't, but their boss will be back soon, and they should really get started on work.

She heard a laugh beside her and turned to look at Leigh-Anne, the secretary of their boss, looking at her. "Don't give them that look. You know they'll only make it longer if they notice you're getting impatient."

Jade huffed a breath of air out, letting her lips curl into a smile after. "I just have a feeling that this is going to take them a while."

She felt someone stand beside her and smiled at Kamille as she faced the game in front of them. "I can tell them to stop, if you want. Knowing Andre, though, it won't be pretty," she said with a chuckle.

Jade and Leigh-Anne joined in on the laughter, both shaking their heads as they continue to watch the game. Although things like this are the norm in their precinct, admittedly, it is still very much an inappropriate waste of time.

A couple of minutes later, just as Zack was chanting something along the lines of rematch, the elevator dinged and out came Captain Simon Cowell and a blonde woman next to him. Captain Cowell, (called Cowbell by everyone but don't tell him that), stopped and stood behind the bucket and cleared his throat.

"Fun morning?" he asked, his voice serious.

"The best. We're sorry you missed it," Andre shot back, winking at him.

Rolling his eyes, Cowbell held a hand up. "I have an announcement to make. As you all know, we had to rearrange our staff when Detective Jesy Nelson asked to be moved to another department," Cowbell nodded at the empty desk. "Her replacement is Detective Perrie Edwards, who came from the 88th precinct. Please make her feel welcome and at home," Cowbell eyed everyone pointedly, clapping a hand on Perrie's shoulder, indicating for her to say something.

Perrie gave everyone a warm smile and stepped forward. "As Captain Cowell said, my name is Perrie Edwards and I'm really excited to be working with all of you from now on. I look forward to getting to know everyone!" She took a step back again and looked at their captain.

Cowbell just shrugged and dismissed everyone, walking back to his office. Perrie followed along for her briefing while everyone cleaned up the floor.

"She's so hot," Jade heard Leigh-Anne fawn and watch the girl stare at Perrie through the blinds of Cowbell's office. Leigh-Anne looked back at Jade, who just gave her a shrug.