The Language of Roses

Summary: Perrie doesn't particularly like flowers but she thinks Jade is cute, so she visits her flower shop every day to buy a single red rose for 'a special someone'.

"Good morning."

Jade looked up from the ribbons she was making and immediately found herself loss of words. In front of her, across the counter was a gorgeous blonde woman with the brightest blue eyes that could capture your soul and the lips painted in bright red lipstick that would imprint in your brain for quite some time.

The scissors dropped from her hand, clashing onto the pile of pin needles right below it and startled Jade out of her daze. "Shit, sorry!" she quickly pushed everything she was holding into the tray of needles along with tapes to a side, getting ready to greet the new customer. "Yes, good morning, Miss. How can I help you?"

The customer smiled slightly and gestured Jade's face. "I'd like to buy this."

Heat rushed to her face. Jade's mouth dropped. Then she hurriedly answered, "M-Miss, that's not for sale."

The woman laughed, shaking her head, "Oh, I just thought this is a flower shop, I'm supposed to be able to buy a flower here."

Jade's eyes opened wide as her hand reached up to her ear. Her fingertips met a strange length and she plucked it out of her hair. A rose.

"Ah, of course you can buy flowers here," she embarrassedly answered, knowing she had made a fool out of herself. Of course, a gorgeous girl wants to buy flowers, not you, dumbass. "Which color do you want, Miss? We have we almost every kind here. Well, except for blue roses, they're not available until next Tuesday." Jade put on the best grin she could deliver, trying to play down her excitement in front of a beautiful human being.

"Red roses," the blonde answered, a smirk faintly appeared on her lips.

"Oh, the classics," Jade commented as she stepped out of the counter and headed towards the roses, "please make your choices and I'll wrap them up for you."

The woman gripped the strap of her bag, adjusting it. "I'm not good at this, can you do it for me?"

"Of course!" Jade smiled and crouched down, "How many?"

"One."

She turned to the blonde, couldn't help but get curious. "Just one rose, Miss?"

"Only one," replied the woman, a blush took place on her cheeks. And Jade understood.

"For a special someone, I suppose," she continued the conversation as she observed the flowers and pulled out the brightest and most impressive rose of all.

"You can say that."

Jade let out a disappointed sigh, though she knew it was absolutely reasonable for a beautiful woman like this customer to be in a relationship. She stood straight and brought the rose back to the counter, heading towards the wrapping corner. "Well then one rose is perfect for them," she said, picking up the scissors to narrow down the length of the rose, "love at first sight."

"That's the meaning of a single rose?" asked the woman. She was smiling, seemingly satisfied with her choice. "Very romantic."

"Flowers, especially roses, have significant meanings depending on the quantity." Jade explained and looked at the blonde. "Please pick out the wrapping paper and ribbon."

The customer waved her hand, "There's no need. I only need the rose."

The request was not unusual because many people wanted to keep the gift natural, genuine, and raw, so Jade wasn't surprised. "Sure, let me remove the thorns so you can hold it." She used her thumb to push a few thorns aside.