You've Got Mail

Summary:  Perrie Edwards opens her door expecting to sign for her new laptop, not to come face to face with a goddess on her doorstep.

Or, the one where Jade is a postwoman and Perrie develops a (not so little) crush.

The doorbell rang just as Perrie was yanking her jeans up. The early June weather was warm and sticky, just the wrong kind of day to attempt to pull skinny jeans on, but she was committed now. They were half on, half off, and Perrie wasn't about to be defeated by them. The blonde let out a deep, guttural groan as she roughly yanked them up around her hips just as the doorbell rang again.

"Shit!" she cursed loudly, not bothering to find her shoes. There wasn't any time left to look. Instead, she thundered down the stairs in her fuzzy socks and slid down the hall towards the front door, arms out wide for balance.

Perrie was expecting a package today, a new laptop that she'd bought to celebrate finally becoming a journalist. She'd been waiting a week for it, and had made sure that it would be delivered on a morning that she would actually be home. The last thing she wanted was the laptop being leaned up against the door by a lazy postman, there for anyone who went past to see, or one of those annoying 'sorry we missed you!' cards in her mailbox or stuck in her screen door.

Through the pane of frosted glass, she could see the shape of a person standing outside, and the corner of a brown box.

"Just a second!" she called loudly through her closed door as she undid the chain and fought a small war with the awkward key in the lock. The postal worker waved a hand, perhaps acknowledging that they'd heard Perrie. She fiddled with the key until it finally clicked in the lock.

Sighing with relief, Perrie pulled the door open.

"Hi, sorry about the wait, the door's a little, uh ..." Perrie's eyes rose to the postal worker's face. "It— uh..."

Perfect pink lips quirked up in a smile as Perrie stuttered to a stop.

Perrie's eyes flashed quickly over the person in front of her, just making sure that she wasn't being punked. Yep, there was the uniform in various shades of red, the Royal Mail symbol displayed near her lapel, and the comfortable working boots.

Nothing else was ordinary.

This was not one of the people who usually delivered her mail. Perrie would most definitely have remembered.

The postwoman in front of her was beautiful. Completely, unfairly, and undeniably beautiful. Perrie took in the mesmerizing caramel eyes that were sparkling, her friendly smile, the perfectly shaped eyebrows that just begged to be traced, and the high cheekbones. Her brunette hair framed her beautiful face in soft curls.

The woman in front of her was literally the world's most stunning human, and Perrie felt like she'd been knocked sideways. Until this moment she'd never believed in love at first sight, and she wasn't so sure it was love she was feeling, but it was certainly something.

There was an actual goddess standing on her doorstep and Perrie had no idea what to do about it.

"Are you Perrie Edwards?" the woman asked in a smooth voice, looking back up. She quirked an eyebrow and grinned as she caught Perrie staring at her.

If this were a movie, this would be the point where Perrie would strike up a witty conversation, be charming, or at the very least, not embarrass herself.

Instead, she'd absolutely, definitely been caught checking the postwoman out. Perrie flushed immediately, the hot burn creeping up her face and lodging itself firmly on her cheeks.