Up All Night

Summary: Four times Perrie wakes Jade up, and the one time she doesn't. 

Or, the one where Perrie is way too distracting at night, and Jade would probably be annoyed if she wasn't so completely in love with her.

1:17am

"Perrie?"

"Yeah?"

"Is there a reason you're lying on top of me?" Having just slid out of the comforting hold of sleep, Jade is reluctantly cracking an eye open to assess the amusing sight of Perrie's body draped almost entirely over hers.

With golden hair splayed out across her sleep shirt, arms tightly encircling her waist, half a torso resting directly on her stomach, and one leg thrown unceremoniously over her body, Jade feels completely covered in Perrie. Not that she thinks it's a bad position to be in at all, it's just that the two have an eventful day to wake up to, and Perrie's sudden need to wrap Jade in a big koala hug in the middle of the night isn't helpful for the two getting a good night's sleep.

"I missed you." Perrie's voice is barely audible, her lips moving softly against Jade's chest.

Jade chuckles and gently runs her fingers through Perrie's long blonde waves. "How could you miss me if I'm right here?"

Perrie tightens her hold on Jade before whispering, "You fell asleep first, and then I realized I wasn't ready to not hear your voice for the next eight hours." Perrie lifts her head slightly, peering up at Jade with wide blue eyes and a soft smile. She presses a small kiss to Jade's collarbone and shrugs. "Technically we can't be together while we sleep, so I missed you."

Jade can't help the smile and the instant flush of heat that runs all the way through her cheeks up to the tip of her ears from Perrie's adorable confession, but the heaviness in her eyes quickly reminds her of just how tired she is.

Jade rubs Perrie's back in large soothing circles, occasionally letting her fingers slip under Perrie's shirt. She hopes that the sensation might make the girl fall back asleep, and after a few minutes in silence, the plan seems to work. She smiles as she watches Perrie's eyelids grow heavier with every circle drawn on her back.

"I love it when you do that." Perrie is muttering indistinctly, but Jade deciphers her words as if they were crystal clear.

"I know you do."

Jade rolls over, effectively placing Perrie right beside her so that the two lay facing one another, noses just shy from touching. She returns to softly combing through Perrie's hair, watching the blonde's breathing slow with each stroke. She doesn't stop until she's sure that Perrie has slipped back into sleep.

Jade lightly presses her lips to Perrie's forehead and pulls her in close before giving in to her own slumber once more.

2:24am

Jade finds herself forcibly opening her eyes again that night from the sudden sensation of Perrie trembling in her arms. Her eyes widen in concern as she takes in the sight before her. Perrie's eyes are screwed shut with a deeply furrowed brow, as her shoulders shake intensely every few seconds.

"Perrie?" Jade wraps her arms tightly around Perrie's body in an attempt to stop her harsh movements.

"Yeah?" Perrie's voice is a quiet, quivering whisper, but it's not covered in the slightest hint of sleep; in fact, it sounds as though she's been awake and trembling for at least twenty minutes.

Jade pulls Perrie impossibly closer. "You're shaking."

"Mhm." Perrie offers no explanation, instead she buries her face into the crook of Jade's neck. The sensation of the freezing tip of Perrie's nose coming in contact with her warm skin makes Jade hiss in shock. If she wasn't awake before, she certainly is now.