Unexpected

Summary: Jade's literature project takes an unexpected turn when her partner Perrie accidentally sends her a racy selfie instead of a photo of their task sheet. Jade has to try and find a way to finish the project without spontaneously combusting, but when Perrie realizes her mistake, all schoolwork gets forgotten entirely.

"So we've got a slide on each of the main themes," Jade says, using the touchpad on her laptop to scroll through the PowerPoint presentation that she and Perrie have spent the last hour working on in the school library. "And we've done an in depth analysis of three main characters. Do you think we need to do a fourth?"

"Relax, nerd," Perrie teases. "We were only supposed to do two in the first place. It'll be fine."

"Which I'd know if you sent me the sheet with the presentation brief on it like you promised you'd do," Jade reminds Perrie.

Perrie shuffles the papers spread across their desk around until she locates the piece of paper in question, snapping a quick photograph of it using her phone.

"So shall we leave it there for today?" she asks Jade.

"Yeah, I think we did some good work," Jade agrees, making sure that she saves the PowerPoint, before closing the lid of the laptop and starting to collect her things together. "And we know what else we need to do. You're going to compare the play with Shakespeare's other comedies, while I'll take a look at some of the different adaptations of Twelfth Night..."

"You just want an excuse to watch She's The Man again," Perrie grins.

"It's a great movie!" Jade argues.

"Shhh!"

Jade holds up a hand in apology as the scowling school librarian hushes them. Swinging her heavy school bag over her shoulder, Jade follows Perrie out of the library.

"How about we continue working on this tomorrow?" asks Perrie, once they are out of earshot of the librarian that prowls the library like a predatory hyena. "You could come over to mine after school."

Jade's breath catches in her throat, before she answers, "Yeah, that sounds good." Calming her erratic heart with a few deep breaths, Jade adds, "Don't forget to send me that photo!"

"Doing it right now!" Perrie answers, waving her phone at Jade. "See you tomorrow!"

Jade waves goodbye, her eyes lingering on the back of Perrie's head for a second too long, and she only gets pulled back to reality by the chime of her cell phone as it alerts her to an incoming message.

Perrie Edwards: Here's what you asked for ;)

Jade taps on the photo attachment and nearly chokes on her own tongue. Because she definitely didn't ask Perrie to send her a selfie where Perrie is wearing only a lacy pair of black panties with her arm draped strategically over her breasts.

Jade deletes it immediately. Well, almost immediately. Jade stares at the photo for a good ten seconds, mouth hanging open in shock, until she realizes that she's gawking at a semi-naked photograph of one of her closest friends, clearly taken for the viewing pleasure of somebody who isn't Jade.

And then Jade deletes the photo.

----

Jade can delete the photo from her phone, but she can't delete it from her mind.

It's a long night. Jade tries to work on her part of the presentation, but it's really hard when working on this project makes her think of Perrie, and thinking of Perrie only reminds her of the image burning a hole in the front of her mind.