Haunted pt 2

Jade never liked Alex from the start.

Obviously her opinion was unbelievably biased and the complete opposite of objective. But she'd been around a long time, was one of the very, very few of those who'd seen both sides of the equation and remembered, and even that first time they met – well, she met him – there was just something about him that made her uneasy.

It was the way his eyes always wandered when Perrie wasn't looking. The usual best friends get together had wounded up Perrie's place that week. The group of friends had gathered in the living room and Perrie had shrugged Alex's arm off her shoulder, scurrying off to the bathroom with a smile saying she'd be back in a minute. Jade remained hovering in the living room with everyone else, supremely enjoying nudging Leigh-Anne's drink on the side table just out of range whenever her hand reached for it. It was especially entertaining because she couldn't actually say anything, otherwise she'd have to reveal to the others that, oh yeah, the house you're sitting in just might have a minor ghost infestation.

Leigh-Anne's face was becoming increasingly red from frustration as she kept trying to reach for her drink that was scurrying away from her grabbing hands, when Jade felt the quiet knock against the wall in the bathroom, the I need you knock. Sighing, Jade finally let the beer bottle go and Leigh-Anne actually let out a victorious cheer of aha! as finally she managed to snatch the bottle back.

Everyone in the room looked to her and Leigh-Anne blinked at them. "Uh, sorry, um. Was just lost in my thoughts and.... Thought of something my professor said. Which was wrong! That I've now realized! And I was right, so, uh, I'm going to... remember that. And bring that up later."

Jade lingered a second more just so she could freeze the neck of the bottle facing Leigh-Anne, and wrote smooth through the condensation. Leigh-Anne saw and quickly wiped the fog off the glass.

In the next second Jade was appearing by the door to the bathroom. She almost went straight in, but after a moment of debate decided to cautiously knock against the door first. She made sure it was their knock, so it couldn't be confused for someone else's. There was a quiet exasperated laugh from inside.

"I'm the one who asked for you, Jade. You can come in."

If Jade were physically capable of it, she'd definitely be blushing. Instead, she carefully pushed the door open and glided in while leaving it half open. In spite of Jade's fears, Perrie was in fact decent and was only leaning casually against the wall bathroom, arms crossed and sporting an amused grin.

"I'm really starting to think you were forced to go to a boarding school for manners or something. It's the only explanation."

Jade glared at her, as useless as the action was. Something you wanted? she wrote in blood across the mirror.

Perrie's eyes drifted to the lettering and she nodded casually. Jade honestly doubted there was anything that could really faze the blonde. Frowning to herself, she tried to think to at least one time that Perrie had flinched or been scared but came up blank. For Halloween they'd done a horror movie marathon and even Jade – an actual, not-breathing not-living ghost – was jumping more than her.

She imagined that Perrie would probably make a rather terrifying ghost were their positions switched.

"Jade?" Perrie said after a while, and she blinked at realizing she'd gotten caught up in her thoughts.

Jade shook her head, waved her hand so the writing disappeared clean. Didn't hear you, sorry. Repeat that?

Perrie gave something of a confused smile but dutifully repeated anyway. "Would you be alright? If we hosted something here?"