Valentine's Day at the Daycare

Idk. I wanted to write wholesome content-

Montana nervously fidgeted with the stuffed bull in his hands. He was going to confess his love for another state. NOT. THE. DAKOTAS.

But he was so nervous!

Why was love so weird?

It made him feel fuzzy and warm. He loved his smile. His laugh. His everything. Even if they were forgotten a lot, he had the best smile in the daycare. He was really interesting too, despite popular belief.

This boy could be so passionate... So caring... So amazing.

If only more people got to know him as he did.

Granted their first meeting wasn't... The best...

Nonetheless, they became good friends and hopefully lovers. Hopefully.

"Ok kid, time to hop out." Cree, his father, said quietly. It pulled him out of his thoughts enough to realize- wait... Oh, God!

"Wait! Papa where are the M&Ms? I can't go in without-"

"They're in your right-hand dear." He whispered, trying not to bring too much attention to himself. Montana looked and sighed in relief.

"Oh... Thanks, papa. Goodbye!"

Cree grinned. "Bye kid. And good luck with that little crush of yours." His father quickly entered his car and sped off. Much like him, he hated people.

Montana stared at the daycare with a look of pure determination.

He could do this!

No...

No, he couldn't.

Montana stood awkwardly in the corner of the room as other states traded gifts and sweets with one another. Watching.

He couldn't see him anywhere!

Was he not here today? Where was he on the biggest day for this place?

Everyone here loved Valentine's day, other than New York. But he appeared to get a lot of presents from other girls regardless.

Every state received something on Valentine's day. Even the not-states. Like DC was proposed to by Louie and Florida.

It was kinda weird...

Neither knew what they were doing and sorta just stuck the ring pops in his mouth screaming, "Marry us!" So...

Texas got California a book and he gave him some chocolate even though he hates him. (Supposedly)

Idaho finally got that kiss from Oregon he's been praying for since three months ago.

So where was he?

The boy he loved!! He was going to give him something and date him! Like those romantic movies, he likes.

The girl, well he's not one but anyway, goes out to fancy dinners with the guy. They eat and talk and giggle. Then they leave and kiss. Sometimes he can't see the rest of the date scenes. He still can't figure out why. His father always covers his eyes and screams to turn it off or fast forward.

But he had a whole plan! But if he didn't show up he would have had nothing!

If he waited it would not be as romantic. Valentine's day was the most romantic day! He couldn't wait till another. That's so far away. 

"Montana! Hello!!" The other state jumped and turned around to see the lovely voice he knew all too well.

Wyoming.

God, he was so cute.

The smaller state rushed towards him, a stuffed bear holding a heart in his hands. "Wyoming! Why were you late?! Did that huge dog come and eat your mom's car again?" He teased playfully.

"No! And it really did happen!" Hissed the other state. Then he handed him the stuffed bear. "I got this for you. Since you've been a really good friend to me and all. I wanted to show I care. But since you wanna tease me over A REAL EVENT!! I don't think I wanna give it away anymore. I might just keep it." Wyoming snickered, hugging the bear tightly against his chest. He turned away from Montana, he was really bluffing and it was obvious he was. But still, he wanted to tease him too.

"Well then. What do I do about the present I got you?"

"You got me a gift?!" Said the other state, immediately turning around to face him. A look of shock on his face.

"Of course! What kind of friend would I be if I didn't?" Montana giggled, handing him the bull and chocolates. Wyoming's face flushed.

"You remembered M&M's we're my favorite candy bar?"

"I mean yeah. You and Colorado argued all the time about if they were a candy bar or not since it isn't in a bar shape." Montana smiled. His stomach doing little backflips. This felt good. But weird. He liked Wyoming looking at him. He didn't like his stomach doing those flips. He might throw up...

Wyoming grinned and hugged him. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He said the items in his hands had tumbled to the floor. 

"It's uh... No big deal!! I also have a bit of a question. If you... Uh. Don't mind."

"I don't. What is it?"

"Could we... Go on. A date...? Like those adults do? I like you, a lot. And I wanna do whatever boyfriends do. Ya know? It's ok if you say no!!" Montana spoke very quickly, already regretting his decision to confess like this. What if he said no?

What would happen to their friendship?

Would he be all alone?

He didn't wanna be alone like that!!

Wyoming was quiet. Too quiet.

He just started at him, his cheeks as red as a firetruck. Oh, what has he done! He's really messed this up.

He needed some sort of response but all he got was nothing!! Why?

Was he not good enough?

Was he upset with him or-

"I like you too." Whispered the other, his gaze averting Montana's as much as possible. "And I would like to do boyfriend stuff with you. But... What do they do?"

"Hold hands?"

"Ok!!"

I fell in love with this ship-

Bai bai!!