Inside

Austin angst that's more canon?

Why the fuck not-

Austin didn't hate Texas.

Maybe he should, but he couldn't bring himself to. His state kept him locked away in his head, he was only able to leave for a few minutes on a lucky day. Texas seemed... To hate him.

So why couldn't he hate him in return?

California did.
Oklahoma did.
New Mexico did.

Was it because none of them were attached to him? They had the pleasure of being their own bodies while he had to share. It wasn't all that bad though. But it got really lonely.

Texas didn't talk to him that much at all, to the point where it seems like he just ignored him unless it was important. They don't have much of a bond. However, there was the Freezing February of 2021. When Texas was unconscious they talked and snuggled together.

They connected over their life or death experience. Hell, Austin thought things would change between them. Maybe he'd get a turn with the body for once.

But once the snow had passed, Texas shut him out again.

He noticed Texas seemed to do this a lot. He never wanted help even if he needed it. And he would only ask for assistance if it was something he really wanted. He would shun those that had tried to help him.

In his words, "I'm the biggest 'ere! I don't need help. They should be the one askin' me."

Austin never understood how prideful and stubborn he could be. Everyone needed help sometimes, even the biggest and bravest of people. He had always been open to helping him.

Maybe he shouldn't?

Austin often wondered if all this was worth it. Should he just give up fighting for a seat at The Table? Forget the brisket and move on? Texas might like him a bit better if he did.

Would anyone miss him?

California might. But he didn't know too many states that actually enjoyed being around him. Especially since his beliefs were far off the southern norm. He did want things like gun control and the proper protection of all people. But Texas was a different story.

Maybe that's why he hated him?

If he changed would Texas like him more?

Should he change?

He hated being cooped up in the state's head all day. Sure he was the capital but that just means he should be allowed out at least once a week right? Texas kept him in so his "cancel culture infected brain" didn't ruin his reputation.

So... If he changed.

Texas would like him.

He'd have more freedom to move around as he pleased. To speak to whoever he wanted outside of work. Make more friends!

But did he want to?

That's uh. That's the bit-

Yeah.

Bai bai lol