Healing (GA x PA)

Yeah, I dunno-

Anyway, this is a more comforting angst, part two of Maryland's death. Accept I added this ship because why not.

Requested by Lemonpoprose

TW: Mention of death (I refuse to kill anyone else for now.) - Suicidal thoughts - unhealthily eating habits - depression

It had been days since the death of Maryland and Georgia still hadn't returned to school.

Despite Delaware being the border state's brother, he handled it way better than the southerner had. Geo refused to eat or drink, constantly stayed curled in a blanket in his room. Only leaving to use the restroom. While Georgia's father, the Cherokee, did try his best to cheer up his son, even offering therapy or just talking it out together. He grew even more worried about some of the things he read in his diary. Yes, he respected his son's privacy. But at this point, he was desperate for his thoughts. Forget the damn penny.

Many of his recent entries consisted of him debating on if life was worth it. He lost one of his only friends since most of the south didn't speak with him, still not too happy about election results. Georgia and Maryland were like two peas in a pod, lonely men sure but they had each other and that was all they really needed.

But that was gone. No more slumber parties where they fanboyed over celebrities. No more nail painting and gossip. No more movie nights. No more snack trades. No more Walmart cart races. No more snuggles to fix their loneliness. No more Patroclus and Achilles talks about how they were so gay for each other. None of it. All gone within one day. The one day Georgia should have put his sudden urge to try and socialize aside. Mary always told him sometimes talking to him was like talking to a brick wall. He did love his stubbornness...

Meanwhile, at the high school states that normally paid him no mind, grew worried. Specifically one, well he wouldn't consider himself as such, nerd. Pennsylvania, he hardly cared for anything that wasn't grades so this was rather new. He did understand losing someone you loved, even if his was a cat he named Floff. In his defense, he was only ten when he got him.

"I'm getting concerned Jersey. I may have not spoken to the guy but he seemed so nice and happy all the time. Even if the world was against him ya know?" Said the Keystone state.

"Yeah. I will admit. I loved Mary like a brother. But I saw Georgia full-blown sobbing at his funeral... And that hurt... I've never seen him cry before. He's normally tired or happy. I don't think I've seen him with any other emotion. Not even anger. It's sickening what this world will do to you." Replied the other, flipping through a page of his book. His eyes looked at the words but he wasn't reading them. New Jersey wasn't even in a reading mood, to begin with.

"I wish I could just hug him. I can't, one I'm awkward and two I have no clue where he's been. Like at all."

"I heard he goes to the grave every day and apologizes. Florida caught him there once but before he could get a word outta his mouth the peach ran off." Grave huh... PA paused, perfect. He could meet the other state there! Try and help.

Hopefully, he wouldn't fuck up as he does with most things.

+Time skip+

Georgia sat in front of his dear friend's gravestone. His eyes filled with hot tears. "Hey hun," he whispered. "H-how are you today? I hope ya been ok. I... I'm really sorry." He slowly looked at the Black-eye'd Susan flowers in his hand. "I got you your favorite flowers! I know how much you said they reminded you of home. And I uhh. Got you some old bay. I figured you need it and your bucket hat of course." Georgia quickly fumbled around in his peach-colored backpack. It took him a good bit before he actually pulled out everything he needed. Carefully he placed the hat onto the grave. "Don't worry, your mom gave me permission. I would have asked Del if he didn't already scare me." He giggled a bit, but it was clear pain was laced into it. Not humor. He sat the old bay beside the flowers and stared at him. His... friend...

He started to sob. "I miss you, dude... I enjoyed all our fun times. Pfft. Remember that one time you shoplifted by accident. Thank god you weren't caught, but how did you think those Poptarts were free? God. I remember both of us freaking out once Louie told us." Another figure peered behind one of the trees. "That was awful. But not as bad as the time I got stuck on the slide when I was five. The fireman came and everything, you were there panicking the entire time and holding my hand when they had to cut me free. Thanks for that. Those jaws of life scared the shit outta me I'll tell ya that." The other person walked closer. Slowly to not alarm the state. He didn't want a repeat of what happened with Florida's attempt to speak with him. Georgia wiped the tears off his face with his coat and sighed.

"I've been thinking, life isn't as fun without you around... I had a pretty good run, do you think I can go see you. Tomorrow maybe?" Georgia paused, then shook his head. "Never mind, I can't do my pops like that. I hope you understand. I do wanna visit you.  A lot. Dying is pretty much all I-" The person tapped his shoulder. Georgia whipped his head around in a slight panic. Another guy was there.

Around his age clearly, wearing mostly Eagle merchandise. He had blue jeans and a coat on due to it being pretty cold. The peachy state has seen this kid in class before, folks called him PA he didn't know his real name. Smart guy, he always thought he was cute but never had the balls to speak with him. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" He asked, he didn't look all that happy either. The southerner shook his head and turned back to his best friend. "Do... you wanna... talk? I... uh... I'm not all that good with this comfort shit." That made Georgia laugh, actually laugh. Nothing fake or forced.

"I'd rather not..." He mumbled.

"Do you want me to leave?"

"Not... Really. No."

"Can I say something?"

"Go ahead." Georgia raised a brow, confused by the sudden questions.

"I know losing someone you loved is tough. But I don't think Mary would like to see you like this. Would he?" The Southerner stared at the other man beside him. Tears once again filled his eyes as he shook his head. "Exactly, every time you feel like hurting yourself think of him. He would hate it if you went to visit now. So would your father and your other friends. And myself..." Pennsylvania whispered that last part. Hoping he wasn't heard. "Healing is difficult, but I can help you if-" Georgia pulled the Yankee into a hug. A tight one, he squeezed him so hard as if to prevent him from leaving too. He gave Maryland these hugs all the time. It felt quite nice, despite the obvious temperature difference. 

Pennsylvania hugged him back awkwardly, he was never a fan of touch. Even his parents knew that, however, his feelings never stopped them from showing affection to their angsty teen. "If you do decide to talk about it. Just come to me, I'm normally in the school library." Georgia hmmed, feeling content for the first time in a while. After what felt like forever, they stopped hugging and said their goodbyes. Georgia quickly apologized to Maryland again before he actually left. 

It felt nice having people there for you. 

But it was his fault. 

And nothing could change that.

Bai bai. 

:D