A Doctor's Flower (Sippi x CDC)

Hello-

Anyway. I'm in an angsty mood again.

TW: Death - Blaming self for it ig? - I dunno...?

CDC had to pull himself together.

But he couldn't stop the tears. The one thing no one ever does is ask if a doctor is ok after their patient's departure. The child was in his hands. He... Could have done more. So much more. But damn it! If he could have stopped all the bleeding and...

He couldn't stand to think about it any further.

It was his fault the small family in the waiting room is missing a son. He wasn't able to shake that thought away at all. He was meant to protect people, prevent deaths, but. He failed. The organization just won't stop falling. He wiped his tears away with his sleeve and asked someone else to inform the family.

He just can't bring himself to do it. He needed to go home, however, his shift doesn't end for a while. What was he to do? He slumped back in the break room chair, still trying to stop the hot tears rolling down his pale cheeks.

He didn't want to be this... Failure.

+Time skip+

Mississippi was laying comfortably on his bed, scrolling through his phone and checking in with the news after his break from it all. He needed to do a bit of catching up. He heard a few quiet knocks and sighed.

The Mongolia State was always quite fond of his alone time. Not often do you get some with Florida around. He hopped off his bed and went to the door. What he saw was a pretty surprising sight.

"CDC? What's wrong? Uh... Do you wanna talk about it?" The taller male shook his head and moved slightly closer to him. "Was... It's another one of..." CDC nodded, his eyes welling up with more tears. Mississippi let him in and closed the door behind him, leading him over to his bed.

He knew first hand what occurred at work simply due to the reaction. Normally, CDC is excited to see him after a long day. But some days end... Much like this one.

The southerner climbed into bed and his lover joined him. Curling up to his side and crying once more. Mississippi never said a word, weeping was the best way to get feelings out when needed at least that's what he's learned. Sometimes someone needs a good shoulder to sob on. Less talking more doing in a sense.

"I-I... Could have done so much more. If I ha-had t-th-the. Time." Mumbled CDC, Mississippi ran his fingers through his normally neatly kept hair. "I-I really could have saved him, Sippi." The organization tightened his grip slightly. "How am I supposed to. Function? I. I'm a doctor for fucks sake! I... I've handled so much worse in my lifetime but I couldn't save a small boy from a gunshot wound!? How- How am I s-s-su-supposed to deal with everything else?" He asked, mostly towards himself, he never expected Sippi to answer him. He preferred it that way.

A chance to say what he needed and have someone listen.

He continued to sob in his lover's arms for hours. Neither knew how long they were in there. Just hugging and comforting each other with the gift of silence. Mississippi kissed the top of CDC's head when his crying slowly came to a stop. The organization looked up at him, then his gaze turned to the flowers in pots on his window sill. "Thank you." He whispered.

Mississippi smiled slightly, "Not a problem."

:)