𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐

Rudra Dev

I downed some water before leaving the dining table."Ennanga!" Restricting myself from snapping something back at Yazhini that would hurt her, I approached the washbasin located in a separate space, quite far from the dining area to wash my hands and mouth.

Done with cleansing, I made my way upstairs to our room, trying my best not to heed Yazhini's calling...but I don't want to be the reason for her despair by any means.

"I'm full Yazhini" I blurted out, as calm as I could, and entered our room, shutting the door behind me with a thud. I sat on the couch beside our bed, my mind listing out a lot of inquiries about the image! I don't wish to finalize anything about that picture with only my suppositions.

Yet, I can't stand the fact of my little brother having my wife's and his such photos as his wallpaper.

Besides, I clearly remember Yazhini informing me about being in love prior with someone and also that he had betrayed her. By any chance, could it be my brother?

If he had committed that betrayal, then why would he still have their picture on his phone as his wallpaper? Excluding it all, she is his sister-in-law now! How can he-- ahh!!

Moreover, I'm so disappointed in Yazhini for hiding whatever past relationship she had with my brother from me, her husband. Unless she comes forward and explains everything to me, I wouldn't confront her.

First of all, I need to get a good grip on this issue!!

Frustration grew within me, urging me to let out a groan. Swiftly, I proceeded to retract my phone from my pocket and contacted Karan.

He is one of my loyal and reliable ones in my circle of employees as well as friends. He picked up the call in just two rings. "Sir? Something's up?" His voice was entwined with alert.

"Trouble in personal life." He stayed mute for a mere second before conversing. "Can I be of any help to solve it, sir?" Sighing steadily, I chattered.

"Yes, Karan. Firstly, I apologize for contacting you at this time. And coming to the main issue...I want you to do some background investigation on both Veer and my wife's college life. More exactly, about their love interests. Further, this should stay between you and me...consider it as confidential" In this way, I would be able to draw out decent conclusions.

"No problem sir, I'm glad that you could trust me with your personal stuff. Also, I will collect their data in the earliest I could and will present it before you. Just give me two or three days off to complete the task." He uttered professionally.

"Sure Karan and I truly appreciate your help." He replied soon to my comment. "It's okay sir" Ruffling my hair, I greeted 'goodnight' to him which he reciprocated before we disconnected the call.

I plopped the mobile on the couch and wondered frantically as to why Yazhini hasn't yet arrived in the room.
I'm not angry at her right now...I couldn't. To look for her, I stood up from the couch and reached towards the door but quit when I listened to her talking.

I staggered closer to the door, to get better access to her voice. "......even have a heart?" Who is she speaking to! "Yes, I do have one which only loves you and would do anything to get you Yazhs" my lips literally parted open in shock, as I registered Veer's voice and his words...

He loves my wife!!? Bullshit!!! How dare he say those things to his sister-in-law, my wife she is!! Is he gone crazy or what!? Clenching my jaw and fisting my hand to control my burning up wrath, I continued to eavesdrop on their exchange of utterances.

"But I don't even like you a bit Veer. I love my husband." A smile crawled onto my lips as I heard her say about her love for me.

"Don't lie to yourself Yazhs. Just divorce him and come with me" Veer said, making my brows to shot up in a furious frown. What the fuck!!! He is doomed hereafter!

"Keep daydreaming about that,". As soon as she said that, the doorknob turned, making me hastily go back to the couch. I settled there and scrolled through my phone casually as If I hadn't witnessed a bizarre conversation between my wife and my brother.

Once the door opened and she came in, I acted ignorant of her presence. The lack of trust she possesses over me is disheartening. Why is she keeping it all a secret from me?

"Ennanga..." Her tone was so soft. I heard her locking the door behind her and wandering in my direction.

She sat near my legs when she got closer to me and laid her head on my thighs, rendering my heart to melt at her actions.

I ran my hands through her hair and clutched her neck, bringing her face up to look at mine.

"Do you want to say something to me?" I asked indirectly to make her confess the truth. She blinked her eyes naively. Oh my Yazhini. "Uh--nothing" she shrugged lightly. At this rate, I'm dismayed by her demeanor.

I will handle it myself then. I will put an end to this.

.................

♥️♥️♥️