𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐

Yazhini

"On account of being the constant university topper and for always sustaining our academic's name on the prime list, the college authority had arranged a special reward for Ms. Yazhini and it would be a pleasant action for her to appear on the stage and receive the trophy along with the cash from our special guest, Mr. Rudra Dev."

Students began cheering for me and I couldn't help, but twirl time back and relive the moment when these cheers were targeted at me in a provoking manner. See now, how the tables have turned!

Fresh confidence build within me as I stood up from my seat, after a moment of letting my parents know that I'm gonna be awarded for being the topper. They can't understand English well. But as soon as I delivered the message in our native language, their countenances lit up with pure happiness.

Walking up to the stage in delightment, I was yet again shrouded by a weird feeling of tension.

Ignoring that sensation to my best ability, I smiled giddily as Mr. Rudra Dev presented me with the grand trophy, his brims in an impressive and proud smile.

I couldn't understand why I felt the urge to shy away because of his smile. Despite wanting to ponder upon the reason for my instinct, I decided the opposite as I know, that at this moment, my brain isn't going to draw out an answer for it.

Anyways, I'm happy now and that's all I need to keep my focus on.

I hung the trophy in one of my hands and got the cash pack from him. My eyes instantly went dilated at the Seventy-five thousand rupees written over the enveloping paper.

Probably discerning my shocked expression, Mr. Rudra Dev uttered in a delicate tone. "You deserve it and much more" I smiled at him, a hearty one.

"Would you like to speak something?" The female professor behind me enquired as she halfway extended the mic to me.

Nodding to her, I got hold of the mic and instantly my body went cold in fear.

The crowd was silent, looking forward to my words, expectantly. Bringing the mic close to my lips, I let out a sigh before starting to converse.

"I want to say a huge thank you to my amma and appa for everything they sacrificed for me to be here. I can't imagine myself in this stage or even in this college, If not for their hard work." I know my parents were oblivious to what I'm saying, yet they had a proud smile on their faces as I was speaking in English in front of these bunch of people.

It makes them happy, to see me speak in English.

My amma tapped on Aarav's shoulder and he muttered something to them, presumably translating my words which instantly brought tenderness to their faces.

My eyes were on the verge of evoking tears, but I don't want to cry. What can I do?

I simply get too sensitive when it comes to my parents.

Hearing the loud applause from the crowd, my emotions only seem to increase furthermore.

Wanting to just be with my parents, I wrapped up my speech with a Tamil sentence. "Amma, appa, Neenga illaena, naan onnumae illa."(Mom and Dad, I'm nothing without you) I hastily returned the mic to our professor and stroll down the stairs of the stage, my eyes unexpectedly meeting with Veer who was standing at the side, leaning against one of the many entrances of the auditorium.

While he smirked at me, I shook my head in his direction and wandered to my parents, all the way receiving appreciation from, Principal, staff, unfamiliar students, and my classmates.

My appa patted my head and amma squeezed my hands once I was again seated between them. I handed the trophy and cash pack to dad with a grin. "Oi! proud of you" Aarav glimmered swirling around to face me. "Thank you" I smiled, feeling content.

When I again looked up to the stage, Mr. Rudra Dev was declining down the stairs, his hair bouncing a little on his way.

Before he reclined himself on his seat which is in the first row, his gaze traveled to my face. I curled my toes at his deep stare and stared down at my lap.

Ah. Why does he look at me like that?
It's unimaginably intimidating. There's a lot of meaning fitting inside those words, I mean, how could a mere gaze have the capability to render me curl my toes?

God.

Anyhow this is the first and last time I'll be meeting him, so I don't have to worry I guess.

................

😂 haa madam isn't aware of what's gonna happen next, so let's give her a shock yeah?😎

❤️❤️❤️