𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆

Yazhini

Mr. Rudra Dev!!

What is he doing here!?

He hadn't noticed me yet which I preferred better because I look like a disaster right now and I don't want him to see me in this state.

Wait- he wasn't the only one here. Beside his chair, a middle-aged couple who I possibly could identify as his parents were seated, while my dad sat opposite them. They appeared to be discussing something very seriously.

"You are here!" My mom beamed at me, startling my poor heart as she came out from the kitchen, clasping a tray with a couple of glasses of tea, I guess.

"Pudi (catch it)" she extended the tray to me and I felt so embarrassed to be standing like this in front of Mr. Rudra Dev and his family.

Honestly, I couldn't lookup. The living room fell silent all of a sudden, except for my mom ushering me to circulate the tea to them.

Awkwardly, holding the tray, I shuffled to the middle-aged couple first and slightly raised my eye to stare at them as they both gripped the teacups. His dad seemed kind of cold and stern. He appeared so handsome even at this age.

I see, it runs in the blood.

On the other hand, his mom seems way too familiar...? She had a warm smile on her lovely face.

As they were done picking the cups, I bestowed one to my dad.

Oh god, only Mr. Rudra Dev is left. You can Yazhini!!

Disregarding the fact that my heart is thumping busily, I sauntered over to him and stretched out the tray.

I couldn't convince myself to peek at him.

He deliberately clutched the teacup, his manly long fingers stirring a bizarre phenomenon inside my stomach.

When the cup was vacated from the tray, I wandered to my mom confusedly and stood beside her.

I could feel someone's gaze on me...

Mr. Rudra Dev?

But why is he here in the first place?

"So we can proceed?" His dad queried my appa, and appa glanced back at me and amma.

Proceed with what?

"Do you like the groom?" Mom said in a low tone to me and I frowned at her utterances. "Which groom?" She sighed before speaking. "Rudra Dev" he is groom? For whom?

"Amma? I don't understand.." I trailed off, incapable of wrapping my head around what was going on here.

"He asked for your hands in marriage, and we agreed. If you like him, we can proceed with the marriage." My lips divided in shock as my clueless brain finally got the hint.

I heard chuckles and I instantly shut my parted lips.

Dashing my eyes over to Mr. Rudra Dev for the first time today, I felt myself submerging in his manliness. His purple button-up shirt with hand-rolled up to elbows, his black slacks, black wristwatch, and that ruffled up, attractive hair.

My god. He is a desirable human.

His features were relaxed as he peered directly into my eyes, prompting me to get nervous.

"She likes him." My mother's voice made me snap my head at her and she nodded positively at dad.

Dad gave me a look and raised his eyebrows. Of course, I like Mr. Rudra Dev. I slightly shook my head and he smiled, pleased at my actions.

I was speechless then.

Everything after that occurred so quickly. They conversed for some time, and while on their departure, Mr. Rudra Dev smiled at me.

And goddamn my spirit just ruptured out of my body cause of his tiny smile.

Again! Wait a minute-

I'm going to marry him?

.................

♥️♥️♥️

See!! I know you guys are intelligent 🧠 so come on figure out the clue I've given in this chap😘 I'll be waiting for ur response!