𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼

Yazhini

My parents were literally glowing in joy as I finally reached home at the late morning. It was Sunday, which means it was our family day!

We would usually go out to the beach, temple, and some locales nearby to enjoy our time. But today due to me being completely worn out cause of the tour, my parents decided to cancel our regular routine for me to take sufficient rest.

I recollect my body colliding with the mattress, a gentle breeze of the fan, and a movement of my eyelids shutting. After that, I could feel myself becoming light-headed as I was slid into beautiful dreams of the sleep realm.

I saw Veer.

His never-ending chats, charming smile, crazy behavior...That guy! That silly guy has my heart now.

I was about to propose to him in my dream, but unfortunately, my eyes were parted, bringing me back to the real world, stimulating me to let out a groan.

I lazily walked to the living room and found my mom and dad sitting on the floor, having tea while watching television.

Wait! It's already evening?

I really did sleep for a hell of a time. Shaking my head in disbelief, I drooped next to my mom.

My parents were ogling the famous evergreen love song playing on the screen, named “Malargale”. Suddenly, without consideration or clear scrutiny of my intent, a question stumbled out of my mouth.

"What is love?" My mom lent me an amused look before giggling. "What do you think it is?" I shrugged at mom's query targeted at me.

"You tell ma...I really want to know what love is" I pleaded, offering her a childish smile. Dad was still engrossed in watching the song as mom flung a glance at him.

She sighed and turned her gaze to me.
"I was eighteen when I first saw your dad's picture, I didn't like him at first. I even tried to tear the picture apart. But afraid that my mom would beat me, I didn't do anything to it " she whispered, while I chuckled at the slightest stare she shot on dad after finishing her words.

"Soon we got married and after that, he took care of me like I was a kid. He is a good person by heart, every passing day he kept on evolving more and more handsome to my eyes due to his calm personality. Despite having a lot of burden on his shoulder, he never showed any frustration or anger towards me. Sometimes I wished I would turn back time and just erase the moment when I judged him at first sight. I was so stupid then, glad my parents married me off to such a gem of a person like your dad"

We both looked at dad who was sipping his tea quietly and peering into the TV screen. "You are just like him, innocent!" Mom pinched my cheeks with a smile.

"But ma? What about love? How did you love dad?" She shook her head before responding. "Care, his care, that is love.." I was still perplexed at her answer.

She looked at me, understanding my turmoil, and laughed. "Aenga(one of the ways to call husband)seekram ivaluku kalyanam panni vachudanum(we need to get her married soon)" my eyes went wide as dad gave me a 'really, are you that eager' look and I vigorously shook my head, rushing away to my room as I left behind a giggling duo.

Later at night, I bestowed the gifts I brought for them during the tour. Mom was again hesitant to wear the earrings but due to my continuous whinings, she eventually agreed to it and wore them, and god!! that blush on her face, it's priceless.

Dad was all giddy when he saw the slippers I purchased for him. "Nallaruku ma(It's good dear)" his eyes glimmered as he kept on staring at them in awe.

My precious parents!

...................

❤️❤️❤️