𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋

Veer

It's been two months since all the havoc I turned on has died down. Along with it, my ego, selfishness, and vacuity also drenched off of my head.

I wish I had realized my mistakes before I planned to commit them. But, things got out of control and now I'm left with nothing but myself.

It hurts to be lonely. It hurts when I think about my brother. I hadn't acknowledged his worth when he was always around me, helping me out and assisting me in everything...

However, now I understood the meaning of 'never take anything for granted.'

"Veer, the welcoming of first years is gonna start soon. Let's go. Give that book some rest" Geeva, my newly befriended buddy dragged me out of the classroom to the university auditorium, to attend the ceremony.

Actually, the thing is...I have become quite a nerd in studies after all the things that occurred in my life. Studies are the only means I have henceforth to look after and build up my career...which is also my brother's wish. I wanted to fulfill it.

I wanted to prove to him that his forgiveness and the second chance he had bestowed on me is worth it.

Back to the present, me and Geeva both attained the auditorium with our other classmates. We took our seats in the last to the third row and spoke about random things. He is the only true friend I have got.

From the first day of our third year of college, I made some distance from my old friends. They tried to come close to me, but as I got addicted to books, they eventually started to leave me alone. Also, I stopped dating, thereby I had lost the title of playboy which I was truly happy for!

Subsequently, I found my buddy Geeva, he is a carefree guy but when it comes to studies...he is damn involved in it.

"And now I invite the respectable correspondent to welcome the first-year students by handing over the roses" I focused my scrutiny on the stage and looked at the students receiving the rose from the correspondent.

As I was watching, at one point, my eyes went wide as I saw Lakshmi among the students! She got admitted into this college!?

Is it because of me?

Oh, Veer. Shut up. Not everything is about you!

My mind made me zip up and I proceeded to watch Lakshmi while she moved to the correspondent and caught the rose from him. She bowed her head to him and got down the stage by the stairs.

She then wandered and took a seat in the first row...She is so beautiful.

I shook my head and looked at Geeva who was smiling sheepishly at me. "So got attracted huh?" I scowled at him before speaking. "She is my distant relative and a good friend. That's all it is" He laughed at my reply.

"Oh yeah...distant relative I see" he laughed out loud making me shake my head with a smile. He sure did figure out my lie.

After a prolonged time, the ceremony finally came to an end and we were on our way back to class but at halfway Geeva ran to the restroom.

So I came alone into my class and stood beside the desk. I have a very huge urge to talk to Lakshmi....just then a storm landed on my head.

Lakshmi knows all about my life. She is well-fed with the cruel things I had done. So, If any...she would be disgusted with me.

Except for my family, none knows about my ugly past. I even hid it all from my best friend Geeva, afraid he would hate me too. But someday, I will tell him though...

Sighing, I made myself comfortable on the bench and began to read my book. Though now it's interval, I don't have anything else to do.

"Veer, a girl named Lakshmi is looking for you.." one of my female classmates blurted out and I hurriedly stood up from my seat.

Oh god...what will happen now?? Why does she want to meet me....?

Getting myself together, I strolled out of my class and saw Lakshmi standing alone, innocently looking around.

Once her eyes fell on me, a wide grin painted her lips. "Veer!!" She rushed to me and perked up into my eyes, the grin still prominent on her lips.

"I joined this college only for you. And you know what...I'm so happy to see you after so many days...no...months." She said as her eyes drilled into mine.

"I love you" She smiled dreamily and I shake my head. I'm no good for her. Even so, it is comforting to know that she doesn't hate me. Yet, I can't be the one for her. She deserves someone better.

"Noo Lakshmi...you ca--" she cut me off and shouted. "No Lakshmi ah?! For you, I have taken some courses that I didn't even know what it is about and here you are rejecting me! Seriously!" She gained the attention of almost all the students in the corridor.

Oh my goodness.

I hastily pulled Lakshmi into my class by her wrist and made her stand near my desk. "Lakshmi you shouldn't behave like that out among all those students. And how can you say you love me when you know about all my sickening past?" I asked her in anger.

"Because as Yazhini Akka(elder sister) and Rudra anna (elder brother) says, you deserve a second chance Veer....you know...I cried so much thinking about the bad things you have done but still, I can't stop myself from loving you." She pouted and stepped closer to me.

I suddenly took a step back with my eyes wide. "That is not right Lakshmi, you shouldn't love me. Try to unlove me" she kept on moving closer to me.

I finally sat down on the bench and gave her a narrowed-eye look. Truth be told, my heart is thudding furiously for the reason that Lakshmi is still loving me.

"Unlove you? Huh? So you don't have me in your heart? Really?" She smirked standing in front of me. I reluctantly nodded my head.

"Isn't that guy sitting at the backbench of the class is so hot and handsome?" I have no idea why I got angered at her statement. I frowned at her and she pointed her hand to the rows of benches opposite us.

"Look at him Veer" In wrath, I whirled my head to look whose that hot guy is but I didn't find anyone in the whole opposite row. Oh- wait a minute. Then which guy was she talking about?

Before I could ask anything to Lakshmi, I felt her lips on my cheeks. I was stunned at her boldness. "That guy sitting on the backbench is none other than you" she whispered in my ear and giggled as she scrambled off from my class.

Oh damn.

....................

❤️❤️❤️