𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ

Yazhini

Blame me!

My head is about to burst out, it feels like some construction work is happening inside my brain forthwith, you know like with a lot of machines and all.

Okay, that was one twisted way to say that I'm having an incredible headache. What else could I do though! I can't seem to think properly or catch up on a good word to blurt out the things my head is undergoing now.

Ah! It's just a headache and damn it! It's freaking hurting too much.

Hugging my head with my palms, I dropped on the floor beside my mom who was measuring clothes using tape. Probably on her way to make a blouse.

She shuts her shop at 6.30 pm and does little clothing work at home. "Amma" I whined, placing my head on her lap and finding solace in the person who carried me to this earth.

"Innum kunamaagalaya? (is it not alright yet?" She queried in concern, halting her work and patting my hair soothingly.

I had applied some medicinal oil to reduce the pain, but to no avail. The anguish is still there, perfect and clear as it was right when it started.

Subsequently, I took a bath and throughout every second, I have been hit with similar pain, without a bit of change.

"Let's apply some Vicks" she stated as she tried to get up but I shook my head and held her tight. "No, it will be okay amma, just be with me" she sighed and continued to rub my hair softly.

"When will dad arrive..?" I mumbled in a sad tone. "A few minutes ago he contacted and said that he will come home soon. He asked you to take rest as well" I hummed in response and shut my eyes.

Whenever I experience any health issues or mental breakdowns, I always hug him tight. It may sound not relatively believable, but as soon as he embraces me, a kind of peace gets to my door of heart, without knocking, it enters there and proceeds to spread the comfort throughout my body in the form of warm blood.

I always wondered If it's ever possible to find some love that could match or even stand near the affection that my parents had been raining upon me.

And I highly oppose the idea of getting married as for this reason. My parents had spoiled my mind and heart with their limitless love and If I wasn't getting the same care and adoration from my future husband, I wouldn't be able to stand it.

I'm thoroughly frightened for what to come in my life next.

Passing each second is the time that shortly I would be having as a memory, a sweet memory. I really don't want to leave my house but at the rate, my parents are hunting alliance for me, I'm not sure how long I would have the opportunity to live with my parents.

Though I want to oppose their idea of getting me married, I couldn't fetch myself and couldn't find the strength to say it. Cause I could always perceive the contentment in their tone when they discuss about my wedding and I honestly don't want their joy to melt due to my denial.

So excluding my soul which always suffers the antonym of happiness while thinking of my marriage, I had chosen to sacrifice anything for my parent's delightment.

A week ago dad had asked me about looking for a groom for me and I just nodded my head obediently and approved of it.

Because for a fact I know that he won't resume with the alliance If I didn't say yes and I know he won't push me to come to conclusions.

"Ma, I want to study and go to work after marriage" I blurted out and mom chuckled.

"Why are you even saying that? Of course, you should and must go to work, isn't that the motive why you are going to college?" I looked up at her sadly.

"What If your future son-in-law doesn't give freedom for that?" She narrowed her eyes on me.

"Is it freedom If it is given by someone to you yazhini?" I frowned at her question. "Maa?" Patting my head she spoke.

"I don't want to get you married this early chellam (sweetheart) but only If we start looking for a groom now itself, we will eventually be able to get a good soulmate for you. Moreover, twenty-one is the right age to get married" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Twenty-one? Huh?According to who?" She smiled sheepishly. "According to Yazhini's mother, Mrs. Tamizharasi" I laughed along with her and my headache seemed to fade off in our lively moment.

..............

❤️❤️❤️