𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼

Yazhini

"That day-" He started to utter something, but before he could proceed with it, the call was disconnected.

I blinked at my phone screen in confusion. Did he get busy? Or did he also hates my company as Diya and Veer did?

Tears began flooding my eyes as I got hit by the same old phrases of 'once my loved ones'. It still haunts me, their bitter words.

When a sole drop of my tears was about to fumble down through my cheeks, my phone rang, making me shriek in fear for a second.

The caller Id showed 'Mr. Rudra Dev'. However, the number which he is now using to contact me is different.
Wiping away my tears, I hurriedly attended the call and put it to my ears.

"Yazhini, my apologies, the phone has quite issues I guess, it got switched off automatically." He sighed. God!, I was about to shed tears for nothing at all.

"Umm..even my message to that number was not delivered yet," I said, hoping there would be some explanation behind it too."You messaged me!? Sorry again, I'm kind of caught up with work today and completely forgot about turning on the network on that phone. And, mostly I would be using this mobile as it has all my business-related contacts." That solves my query about the message thing.

"Ennanga it's okay.." he hummed on the other end, and good lord! my butterflies were now vibing to it.

"Who-" I heard a faint lady voice from his side, and I frowned. Who is that?
"Give me the phone, I want to talk to my daughter-in-law" and then I heard the groaning sound of my soon-to-be hubby.

All of a sudden, my future mother-in-law initiated to boom me with questions. "How are you dear? Had dinner? How are your mom and dad? Have-" I interrupted her excited talking.

"Athai,(mother-in-law) my parents and I are doing good, we all had dinner too. How are you doing? Have you had dinner?" I implored her calmly.

"I'm doing more than happy dear and had food too! And you know I like how you call me 'athai'! But I would love it If you call me 'amma '(mom)." I was shocked at her suggestion. Here, many people do mention their mother-in-law as Amma, but I never thought I would have the chance to...

Just cause, not every people is loving like that and I never expected my future mother-in-law to be one of the exceptions to the former part.

Guess my life is getting better after the exit of that pervert Veer.

"Sure amma" I smiled as I blurted out those words. "Aw, now isn't that so sweet to hear? Plus my dear, I will make sure to protect and love you to the level that you wouldn't miss your parents" her voice carried enthusiasm.

She seems like a person who is too sweet to be true. But I wish she is just like the way she speaks. Nowadays, I'm having too many trust issues with people and of course, the reason is not so tough to collect right?

Diya and Veer.

Argh!

Shaking my head, I returned my focus to my mother-in-law's words. She is so talkative and I couldn't stop my brain from going back to Veer yet again.

Damn him.

"Ah, dear sorry for disturbing your time with my son...bye goodnight" before I could reply, I heard his voice again.

"Yazhini.." I shut my eyes and strived to restrain my blush. Never knew my name from someone's mouth would make me go this crazy!

"Ennanga.." I mumbled, feeling an overwhelming sensation occupy my stomach. "Then?" He asked and I didn't know what to do other than blush profusely. He must be confused due to my silence right now.

Ah, come on Yazhini. Speak anything.

"Good night nga then..." He chuckled on the other side. "Too sleepy?" His questioning tone made me doubt my previous reply.

Am I sleepy? Noo.

Then why would I say him good night? Oh. Because I'm stupid.

"No....but it's late so," I said after a pause. "Okay...good night, and sleep well Yazhini" I smiled toothily and responded.

"Neengalum (you too)" He hummed again and I disconnected the call.

...............

♥️♥️♥️