𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

Yazhini

"Hi, Veer here!" I was gazing at my phone screen in terror. This is stalking, isn't it!? How can he message me when I rejected him, and with such refinement.

Yazhini, he just messaged you as in 'hi Veer here!' So stop overreacting.

Oh yes, my subconscious is stating the truth. It's not like he messaged me something bad.

Still, why do I have to reply to him though?

I ignored his message and went out of my room to have dinner with my sweet small family, consisting of only my appa and amma.

My maternal and paternal grandparents, both pairs aren't alive.
Speaking of relatives, my parents don't have any siblings, so there you go, I don't have aunties or uncles from either side.

Well, it doesn't count much to me cause I had already fallen in profound love with my life, which is filled with unspoken adoration of my parents upon me.

My appa is an auto-driver and amma has a tiny tailor shop of her own. They both are just so precious.

Sometimes, when I stare at them, my eyes well up and gushes out tears that I could hardly get control over.

Perhaps, considering the number of crusades they had endured throughout their life and the dream of theirs, that had no chance of being flamed bright or even to be merely lit up.

Life isn't easy for anyone, it's true. But for some, it's worse. My parents can't be included in the latter form entirely, instead, they could be added to the form of life where having food to eat thrice a day makes you happy.

That would summarize their past.

I still remember the day, when we all were having a family talk, my mother mentioned her mom beating and scolding her for not doing the household works properly.

Can't blame my grandmother too, as those were the times when a girl's education was viewed as a useless thing.

Though there was no certainty of pursuing higher studies after school, my mom still did well in her studies and scored promising marks.

Yet, soon after her school, my grandparents engaged her to my dad, who was working every bit of his existence for taking care of his parent's health.

Being a doctor, my mom's dream and just wanting to go to school, my father's dream...but it faded just like the meaning of the term 'dream'.

In different ways, life was hard for them. I wonder why such good souls have to go through all this pain and suffering.

They are just too innocent and you want to know what makes them the happiest?

It's when they see me smiling and being happy; when I speak english; when I study and score good marks; when I just respect them.

Presently, my parents were seated on the floor of the living room, and allocating food on the plates. I really speculate the dining table must be crying every time it catches sight of us having food while lounging on the floor.

Since my parents were always used to eating food in that manner, they don't like to use dining tables.

They bought it as a gift for me on my 9th birthday. I asked for it cause at that time I just wanted to experience what it would be like to have food on the dining table.

But I didn't like it.

Moreover, how can I eat reclining on the dining table when my parents were sitting on the floor to eat food!

So I passed on that idea.

And coming to our housing, it embraces two rooms, restrooms, and a kitchen. And then the stairs outside attached to our home would lead to the terrace.

As it is an ancestral house, the interior looks mostly traditional. Actually, our house is on the border of the village. It is my paternal grandparents' home and we had just done some changes to it.

"Yazhini ma, come and eat" appa urged me and I delightedly went towards them.

................

❤️❤️❤️