𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼

Rudra Dev

I freshened up after we attained at our home and declined downstairs with my wifey to have dinner.

My Yazhini...I can't explain how grateful I'm to get this girl as my better half. And today, the way she cried over the phone, just cause she missed me...that did something to my heart.

In the dining area, I sat beside my little brother and on my other side, Yazhini took her seat. On the head of the table, as usual, my parents were settled.

"Lakshmi...do bring five glasses" Our home cook, Leela aunty, called out her daughter's name when she was done distributing food on our plates.

As everyone initiated to eat, I confronted our home cook. "Aunty, I have told you so many times to not drag that small child in such works," I stated sternly as she gulped in uncertainty.

"It's okay Anna (elder brother)I'm jobless in my home due to my plus two board exams being finished off last week, so I do enjoy supporting my mom," Lakshmi uttered, strolling towards us with a tray of five glasses.

Her mom used to bring her here often since her childhood which prompted a good bond to develop between us. She allocated glasses to everyone and tugged the urn from the middle of the table to recharge the glasses with water. "Lakshmi no, don't do it" she paused her activity and narrowed her eyes at me.

"I will do it," saying that, I tried to yank the bottle from her hand but she pouted sadly. "At least let me fill your little brother's glass" she mumbled making my mom to break out into laughter. Dad remained unreactive. Leela aunty hit her daughter's arms lightly, attempting to shush her, whereas Lakshmi grimaced back at her.

I peeked at Veer to detect his reaction. He was bestowing her an 'Im done with you' look which made me laugh too.

"You have a crush on him?" Yazhini asked amusingly to Lakshmi who just grinned in return. "That means yes" I whispered in Yazhini's ear. She just nodded.

Dad suddenly cleared his throat bringing all of us to our senses. Lakshmi backed up and stood beside her mom, handing me the urn. Hastily, I completed filling all the glasses and focused on dad's utterances.

"When are you returning to your hostel Veer?" He questioned Veer in a firm tone. No, I don't want my little brother to go back to the hostel. "Dad, let him stay in our house" I chirped in.

"Yes please dad, I promise I will behave well and won't trouble any of you...please let me be here. I will attend college without missing a single day!" dad seemed to show no consideration for his words.

So I again piped up.

"Please dad...give him a chance." Followed by me, my mom spoke.."Yes please, let my son be with me." Dad sighed. "I'm pleading too, please allow him to stay in here" Lakshmi blurted out.

His countenance showed annoyance as a result of our beggings. "Do whatever you want" he quit eating his food halfway and left the table. "Does it mean Veer can stay here??" Lakshmi excitedly queried my mom who nodded positively to her. On the other hand, she stared worriedly at the retreating figure of dad.

"He will be alright ma.." I offered her a reassuring smile. She shook her head and scurried behind dad while carrying her plate in her hand.

"Ah anyways, Veer is going to be here yay!" Lakshmi rushed to Veer and lifted her hand for a hi-fi which he surprisingly gave into. He looked happy, which made me delighted too.

Lakshmi ran away in joy behind her mom who was walking into the kitchen.

Shortly after that, we again resumed having our food. I glanced at Yazhini's dull face and frowned. What happened to her!?

I planned to deduct about her gloominess once we were done with dining.

Consequently, Veer's phone rang and he slipped it out of his pocket. He conversed for a few instants and disconnected the call, plopping the phone on the table near his plate.

I accidentally happened to look at his phone screen and my breath hitched, the food in my throat stuck there, unable to be stridden down.

His wallpaper...It's my Yazhini and him together. She had her head slanted against his shoulder while his rested over her head...

What the fuck!

...................

❤️❤️❤️