𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼

Yazhini

The next morning, me and my hubby went to the temple and just as we exited after praying, he took me to the occasional street shops built-in virtue of the temple festival.

The entire place was extremely bustling, and I held onto my hubby's hands tighter to not get lost amid the crowd.

He bought me earrings, necklaces, bangles, nail polish, bindi, kajal, mehndi, teddy bear, yoyo, bubbles, and more items. Even when I refused, he didn't acknowledge my words and purchased anything and everything his eyes got attracted to.

I sighed a deep breath when we finally reached our temporary dwelling.

Settling on the couch, I spread out all the things he bought for me on it and gulped in guilt while glancing at those items. He didn't purchase a single thing for him! How did I not notice it earlier?

Because I was too busy worrying about my hubby's relentless shopping.

Still...it is my fault!

"Ah, changing into casual clothes gives me a serene feeling" he dreamily mumbled as he got out of the room after altering his clothes.

"Yazhini, I can't wait to see you wear all those earrings, bangles.." he trailed off and quit speaking when his eyes held mine.

"Do you not like my selection?" He queried in worry. Damn, hubby, you are propelling me to fall for you so hard.

"We didn't buy anything for you" I sadly pouted, but he started to laugh out loud. "Ennanga!!" He cleared his throat, with a straight face and sauntered toward me.

"Who do you think that I bought those bubbles for?" That was unexpected. He smiled sheepishly and grabbed the bubble container.

He had a sparkling smile on his lips as he opened it and began to blow out the bubbles. He is so cute. I popped up the ones that neared me and some burst when they touched my skin. "Now let me make a big bubble" he spoke enthusiastically.

In a deliberate manner, he puffed out the bubble, and gradually, it got bigger in size. He let it fly once he was satisfied with its breadth.

I looked in awe as it floated in the air so ethereally!

"My little brother loves these big ones" confusedly, I darted my attention from the bubble to my hubby.

Brother!?

"You have a little brother?" I asked in surprise. "Yes, wait, have I ever spoken of him to you!? God! I'm sorry Yazhini" He gave me an apologetic look. So I have a brother-in-law!!!

Wow.

"It's okay, I forgive you but how come he didn't attend our engagement or marriage..." That's so skeptical. "It's a long story Yazhini" he sighed and gazed at the huge bubble which is still swimming in the air. It has quite a life span.

"His name is Veer" my eyes got widened at the mention of his name. Cool down Yazhini...many people have similar names, it wouldn't be him.

It shouldn't be, otherwise no! I can't even imagine the consequences.

"He studies in the same college as you did and he just passed out of his second year in B.tech" my breath hitched as the information started to sink into my mind. It's him...

The big bubble touched my forehead and blasted into fragile droplets of water on my face. I felt like fainting at the reality. Veer is my husband's little brother!

The person I once loved. Should I tell my hubby about the conflict between me and Veer? How might he react If he came to know that his wife loved his little brother? It even sounds unpleasant...hell no way I could break this to my hubby.

But it will get worse If Veer was the first one to say these all to my hubby!
What do I do now!? Why is my life so messed up!

"Do you know him?" He looked at my face, replenished with anxiety. What should I answer...should I lie or should I tell him the truth?

Should I let him know that I loved his brother? No, I can't! I'm scared. "I don't know him," I said in a go and soon regretted my words.

I'm so dumb.

Before I could correct my sentence, he initiated to speak about Veer, from his little age when he was adorable to the present, where he changed into a whole different person. Hm..so, Veer was a good child but suddenly changed into a bad one? How? Only Veer knows it, of course!

Well, it also seems like Veer doesn't know that I'm his sister-in-law yet upon comprehending my hubby's words. How will he react If he knows that his brother's wife is me..?

Probably, he wouldn't even mind. Because he doesn't love me in the first place and I was the one who stupidly fell into his trap.

He might mock me however I guess he won't disclose about our past days to his brother. There's not a single motive for him to do that!

Yes!

Everything will end up well, I will handle that silly Veer when we finally meet each other face-to-face.

"I miss his old self so much Yazhini, he used to ask me to blow bubbles and would pop them up while having that heartwarming smile on his face. Even when I was busy, I would do that for him every time he shows up with a bubble container." He smiled, exploding another round of bubbles.

He appears to adore his brother extremely.

"He bestows me a long hug when I return home from my school, and the stress I have on my mind just disappears in his pure smile" he continued his actions, his eyes saddening with each passing second.

"Things changed throughout these years Yazhini, but I still cherish him the same way as I did before and I hope it's the same for him with me...." He pursed his lips.

"Aw hubby, he is so lucky to have a brother like you" I stood up from the couch and embraced him.

He hugged me back and sighed.

.................

♥️♥️♥️

Yazhini...🤧 Poor her doesn't know what's gonna really happen😕